Systems Engineer II
Senior Technical analyst with deep knowledge of Comdata’s systems and processes. Provides technical consultation for Comdata’s business and technical assets. The candidate has an in-depth knowledge of business needs, including detailed understanding of all payment products, services, practices and procedures.
The candidate is required to work with internal/external customers and third-party partners to analyze and design technical solutions to promote the business needs of Comdata and/or the client. Provide system analysis and third party programming resource management support in integration of new products and migrating of existing products. Provide detailed technical support to third party vendors to improve their level of integration with our products. The candidate should be able to assess business processes for improvement opportunities, work with leadership to identify and prioritize improvements and deliver automation solutions as necessary to meet continuous improvement goals. Advanced data analysis and data manipulation skills are required.
- Make suggestions for product improvements to address quality, cost reduction, cycle time and/or usability
- Manage internal projects or initiatives based on management needs
- Provide a consultative approach to customers based on industry experience
- Work with Product team to relay operational goals, requirements and needs including human and technical resource gaps.
- Define testing requirements for proposed systems changes.
- Provide user acceptance testing (UAT) for newly released product enhancements/developments.
- Oversee large, complex projects that touch multiple clients and partners.
- Leverage Agile tools and methodologies to prioritize and track development activities.
- Define data intake methods, requirements and processes using middleware platforms to enhance incoming client data flows to Comdata
- Expand Comdata’s ERP integration footprint through direct ERP integrations, integration platforms and data mapping.
- Serve as escalation point for both implementation and support technical teams.
- Keep informed of new enhancements to the system which will affect existing or future customers
- Keep abreast of industry technical advancements and innovations to stay informed of client expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the job
- 10+years of experience in a professional work environment
- 7+ year of experience with implementations, client support, or customer-interfacing
- 7+ year of experience with supporting client technical needs
- Familiarity with and experience using Data Warehousing and or Data Lake tools and methods.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, solid analytical skills and attention to details; and excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to properly communicate and present our product offerings and functionality
- Ability to document business processes and identify improvements using LEAN methodologies.
- Highly responsive to calls and emails; utilize available tools to track appointments and manage priorities without compromising other responsibilities
- Superior customer service skills, with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve customer issues; ability to analyze customer processes and provide creative solutions for implementation
- Demonstrated ability to conduct virtual and onsite presentations and effectively facilitate meetings
- Experience Supporting SOAP and REST APIs in a professional environment.
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- A consultant by nature
- Someone who is quick to catch on to processes and process changes
- A person who does not get intimidated easily by conflict and can face it head on in a professional manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity which may include Robotic Process Automation, Scripting and automation of data flows, SQL coding or ability to leverage R, Python or other tools to extract and analyze data.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Payment Industry data
- Knowledge of all data formats
- A person who thrives in an environment of collaboration. A true team player by actions and not just words.
- Someone who can juggle multiple tasks and processes in various phases
- A person who can think outside of the box
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2019)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Analyst
- Pay Type Salary
- 5301 Maryland Way, Brentwood, TN 37027, USA