Data Governance Analyst
Role and Responsibilities
The Data Governance Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting
data governance areas that include data security, data privacy, data stewardship,
and information lifecycle management. The Data Governance Analyst will also
support the development and maintenance of enterprise-wide data privacy and
cybersecurity policies. The role requires an understanding of information security, infrastructure, software and privacy regulations. At times, the Data Governance Analyst is expected to work across
multiple technical and business-level teams. In tandem with security, legal and compliance teams, the Data Governance Analyst will help address complex data security and privacy problems and ensure the company’s compliance to privacy-related requirements.
This position needs strong oral and written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment and self-motivation. The role will also be responsible for monitoring the organization’s current data security protocols and then suggest ways to improve security and is
expected to have a functional understanding of data governance principles and practices.
Participates in information gathering activities, examining the entire business application from the aspects of the data workflow and the end user data
Support the assessment of data governance maturity and capabilities.
Contribute to the design of data governance programs and processes to ensure privacy principles are embedded in architecture, infrastructure and code.
Providing training and education on data governance best practices.
Facilitate and support implementation services for data governance areas of focus.
Administration and configuration of data governance tools and controls.
Directly interact with business partners (e.g. sales team, marketing, business development, etc.), managers and other technical team members to identify, develop, and obtain complete information for data governance assessments, solution modeling, remediation activities and reporting.
Contributes and helps develop best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates suitable for reuse by both technical and business teams in regards to data governance and privacy.
technical documentation and communicating effectively in various written
security audits, risk assessments and analysis.
Making recommendations for enhancing data systems security.
the effort to research attempted
breaches of data security and rectifying security weaknesses.
with technical and compliance teams to deliver privacy-by-design controls that
are incorporated into security engineering deployments.
metrics related to data governance and privacy mandates.
closely with operational risk, compliance, legal and audit teams.
privacy-based implementations for business and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor's degree in computer science,
information assurance, or related technical field or business administration. At
least 5+ years’ IT or cybersecurity experience (or IT coupled with
cybersecurity and/or privacy), with at least 2+ years of related Data and Analytics work
experience including data governance programs and/or hands-on work in data
governance functional areas with a focus on privacy. Practical experience delivering data governance capabilities.
Experience using or implementing data governance technologies, i.e., metadata
management, data quality, master data management, data privacy, etc.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of business
team members, including management and technical staff. Demonstrated
understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to
employ step by step logic to help solve business problems. Knowledge of regulations such as the General
Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), New
York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS), NIST Privacy Framework, etc.,
where applicable. Knowledge of technology frameworks and how privacy controls
apply to them. Proven trustworthiness and history of acting with integrity,
taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and
such as CIPP, CIPT, CIPM, CISSP, CRISC, CISA
or other relevant certification. Self-starter requiring minimal
supervision. Highly organized and
efficient. Excellence in communicating compliance, business risk and
remediation requirements from assessments. Demonstrates strategic and tactical
thinking, along with decision-making skills and business acumen.
Ideal candidates will be a
self-starter, can manage multiple tasks/initiatives at once, with experience in
multiple information security management and monitoring tools as well as
navigating a variety of industry and international regulatory frameworks. Work
in fast paced, global, and highly technical environment.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2019)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Analyst
- Pay Type Salary
- 1200 Lake Hearn Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA