Application Developer & Sales Engineer
The Application Development & Sales Engineer is a hands-on role involving technical design, development, and delivery of software applications. The right candidate will be able to understand architectural requirements and recommend optimizations across environments.
- Design, development, and delivery of database driven software applications
- Work with business analysts, system architects, QA Analysts, and business owners to ensure software applications meet the business requirements
- Diagnose and resolve software application defects
- Conduct in-depth demonstrations of products/services with external and internal clients as well as training with Merchants Services sales team
- Presenting the product and all features to customers at events such as conferences and seminars
- Communicating customer requirements to product management teams
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Experience with creating unit tests and test automation as part of CI/CD pipeline
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Conception, design, and development of interfaces and architectures
- Aptitude for problem solving at an in-depth level
- Can understand work-processes and data integration issues
- Ability to work within a team environment or autonomously as required
- Experience working in applications requiring strict security & PCI controls
- Hands on application development experience using C# and .Net Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and NoSQL experience
- Experience with Git, REST APIs, JSON, and Docker/Kubernetes
About The Company
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $1.83 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,100 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14th most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company! In 2017, FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering.
Additional list highlights include:
- #309 Largest Company by Market Value
- #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
- #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
- #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
- #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
- Job Family Project Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Austin, TX, USA