Sterling File Gateway (SFG) Lead Engineer
We are looking for a hands-on Sterling File Gateway (SFG) Sr. Engineer/Team Lead for an existing team at Fleetcor. This team is responsible for the Managed File Transfer processing at Fleetcor which contains Sterling File Gateway and PCM.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success, will be experienced and motivated, with a strong sense of urgency, and ownership of outcome.
This role will work closely with Leadership - acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for key initiatives related to secure Managed File Transfer delivering against high expectations and pressing deadlines. The candidate must be able to effectively manage the impact to the broader organization, be detailed-oriented and communicate effectively across all levels of the enterprise. Status reporting and providing transparency into the transformation process will be a key objective and determinant of success.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the successful technical operations of the enterprise Managed File Transfer platforms - notably leading level three production support efforts
- Actively participate in the movement of workload off of legacy systems and onto Sterling File Gateway
- Move business processes from PCM to SFG native
- Work closely with database and systems group to analyze, tune and configure the system to maximize performance and availability
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for process improvement efforts driving security, efficiency, and effectiveness of our batch file transfer programs
- Lead efforts to enable required functionality and technical capacity/capability - driving our agenda as opposed to being a passive recipient.
- Write technical documentation as well as understand functional documentation such as business requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Envision, plan, create and implement snap-based architecture to alleviate backup/recovery impact on production processing
- Devise automated method for mailbox setup – for the team and business representatives where those changes are made in a non-production environment then automatically applied (through scripting) to production
- Ensure that all capabilities delivered align with original business objectives and requirements
- Coordinate with business units and resolve production issues.
- Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, peers, and leaders
- Act as the liaison between the project team, leadership, and other key stakeholders
- A proven functional/technical professional with 8+ years' experience in Managed File Transfer of sensitive/secure data
- 3+ years' experience with IBM Sterling File Gateway (SFG), B2B Integrator (B2BI), Secure Proxy (SSP), Control Center (ICC), & Partner Engagement Manager (PEM)
- Experience with IBM Connect:Direct or similar FTP/SFTP based data transmission systems also valuable
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Peachtree Corners, GA, USA