Financial Reporting Analyst
Cambridge is looking for a motivated Financial Reporting Analyst to join our dynamic Finance team. The successful candidate will become part of a high growth subsidiary of an S&P 500 publicly traded company and will gain exposure to financial reporting under multiple international reporting standards. Key responsibilities include month-end close, financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc projects, as well as the preparation of standalone and consolidated financial statements.
- Assist with various financial reporting responsibilities, including monthly parent company and CFO financial reporting packages, annual stand-alone statutory financial statements, and ad-hoc analysis;
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for SOX compliance purposes;
- Prepare month-end entries, which may include capital assets depreciation, accruals, prepaid amortization, leases, intercompany recharges, cash cut-off adjustments and other ad-hoc entries;
- Prepare month-end US GAAP to IFRS conversion entries for stand-alone financial reporting purposes;
- Maintain effective internal controls and perform follow-up procedures with various SOX control owners within Finance to ensure timely completion;
- Work with the department to improve the relevance of our management reporting, streamline processes and improve account details;
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other Finance team members to meet reporting deadlines;
- Deliver on various internal and external audit requests, including providing substantive audit evidence and commentary on analytical review in a timely manner;
- Perform daily regulatory requirements, including conversions, collateral calls, Average Daily Transmission Liability, and segregation duties as needed;
- Provide vacation coverage to other areas of the Finance department as needed and perform other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting as well as 1-3 years of relevant experience;
- Current enrollment in the CPA Program or the intent to pursue CPA designation would be an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (with particular focus on Excel) is a requirement;
- Foreign Exchange/multi-currency exposures are an asset;
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau, Excel VBA are an asset;
- Exceptional ability and willingness to contribute as a strong team player in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, diverse environment;
- Strong attention to detail is essential in order to ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial data;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent time management skills to ensure deadlines are met;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Strong willingness to take initiatives and participate in multiple projects with minimal oversight;
- Uphold the highest level of confidentiality and discretion on daily responsibilities
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FLT) is a global leader in business payments. We simplify the way businesses manage and pay their expenses. Our portfolio of brands help companies automate, secure, digitize and control payments to, or on behalf of, their suppliers and employees. Our payment solutions cover four primary expense categories: Payables, Tolls, Fuel, and Lodging. We serve businesses, merchants and partners in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.6 billion in revenue. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution, and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives, which allows each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information about FLEETCOR, please click the following link #LI-EA
- Job Family Analyst
- Job Function EMPLOYEE_NONSALES
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada