Senior Product Manager, Merchant Services
The Senior Product Manager (SPM) will focus on the delivery of Point of Sale and Self-Checkout platforms targeted towards the C-Store, Convenience and Petroleum Markets in the US and Canada. The SPM role combines duties of both a Sales Engineer and a Product Manager with concentration on delivery of Payment Applications and Point of Sale platforms to support the larger C-Store and Petro market channels currently served by FLEETCOR’s Merchant Services.
- Focus our current Diesel Fleet centric SmartSolutions POS platform to meet the broader requirements of the larger general Convenience Retail market including offerings with Petroleum and without.
- Primary resource for the Merchant Business Leadership and Sales Team.
- Build the vision, business case and product planning docs required to define and drive initiatives forward with clarity and consensus.
- Analyze market trends and interpret product opportunities to identify a product’s future needs, scope, and issues/solutions.
- Understand, demonstrate and communicate FLEETCOR’s general product portfolio, product performance and provide feedback to customers on competitive offerings.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to current and prospective customers.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Help drive growth, retention and NPS in the large fleet segment.
- In partnership with the Product and Sales Teams, the SPM will help identify and convert sales opportunities in new accounts into closed business.
- Bachelor's degree required (Advanced degree a plus)
- 10 year’s prior experience in product management, portfolio planning and agile process management. Requires a track record of successful product planning accomplishments. Experience with SaaS, mobile applications or other high-touch customer experiences technologies is a plus.
- Deep background and understanding of the current C-Store and Petroleum Point of Sale systems on the market today with proven deployment experience.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills. Must be detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple assignments promptly and effectively. Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to speak with executives, internal personal and vendors.
- Ability to interface with and coordinate between internal business units, external customers and IT is a must.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent skills in the use of the Microsoft Office package, which includes Excel (spreadsheet), Access (database), Word (word processing), and PowerPoint (presentation software).
- Travel, is required for this position (approximately 25%), and travel notifications can and will be sporadic and without extended prior notifications, as needs warrant.
- Experience with Agile Development Tools used to manage development teams for enterprise product delivery projects.
- Experience deploying C-store Point of Sale systems in a multi-location environment with centralized management
- Deep understanding of a Merchant POS location and its need for a Secure and Managed Network as part of their overall strategy to comply with PCI Data Security Standard 3.2.
About The Company
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $1.83 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,100 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14th most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company! In 2017, FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering.
Additional list highlights include:
- #309 Largest Company by Market Value
- #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
- #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
- #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
- #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2019)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, Belonging
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
- Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
- Job Family Project Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Austin, TX, USA