Revenue Data Scientist
FLEETCOR is seeking a Revenue Data Scientist to support the North America Fuel business product, pricing, and leadership teams with insights gained from analyzing business data. The position will be located in FLEETCOR’s Atlanta headquarters in Buckhead, GA, being a key member of North America Fuel Revenue Management team.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for business model and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. The candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. He/she must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data - based insights and must be comfortable working with a wide range of data types and requests, including financial and non-financial data. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and improving business outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Finance or related field required, Master degree preferred;
- 3-5 years of practical experience with data processing, data mining, statistical analysis and other analytical skills under business environment required.
- Extensive experience querying databases and using advanced statistical techniques (R, Python, SLQ, SAS, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets;
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world applications.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills and ability to explain complex concepts succinctly and effectively
- Experience in creating, visualizing and presenting data and insight using Tableau
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to present to and influence senior and executive management.
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity. Ability to breakdown broad objectives in to tactical goals and effectively communicate to team.
- Creative problem solver: the ability to quickly grasp the business issues of a situation and develop the best solution; find creative ways to solve complex issues among demanding parties and achieve “win-win” resolutions
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt easily to rapidly changing business conditions
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Ability to design and strategize as well as execute and implement
- Results focused; Accountable, strong sense of ownership
- Energetic and positive contributor who can fit into a highly motivated and high performance team.
- Unquestionable Independence and Integrity: an individual regarded as having strong principles and adhering firmly to those principles.
- Team-Oriented: a collaborative individual who is motivated by working effectively with others and forging consensus
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FLT) is a global leader in business payments. We simplify the way businesses manage and pay their expenses. Our portfolio of brands help companies automate, secure, digitize and control payments to, or on behalf of, their suppliers and employees. Our payment solutions cover four primary expense categories: Payables, Tolls, Fuel, and Lodging. We serve businesses, merchants and partners in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.6 billion in revenue. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution, and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives, which allows each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
- Job Family Analyst
- Job Function Analysts
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Employee
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Buckhead, Atlanta, GA, USA