The Software Development/ Engineering Technical Writer will use technical knowledge to develop internal and external documentation. Responsibilities will include data collection, collaboration across teams, writing, layout and publication. This role works proactively to capture and document knowledge; create guides, release notes and documentation. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication, strong time management, technical knowledge and organizational skills and refined attention to detail. The Technical Writer must also be a problem solver, comfortable working independently and have strong time and project management skills.
· Create and maintain articles that document current systems and process (mostly from tribal knowledge).
· Collaborate with internal and external customers; as well as, developers, project managers, and team leads to translate user stories into user documents, release notes, technical documentation, integration product information, and other types of documentation as needed.
· Publish documentation and articles for internal and external customers. Maintain database and archive of documents.
· Work with Marketing and Training Specialists to determine overall technical information strategy and assignments.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· College degree in technical writing or equivalent experience.
· 5+years technical writing in a software development environment.
· Some familiarity with accounting or payment industry and experience in creating the role of technical writing function preferred.
· Advanced computer skills required, including high level knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with current publishing options.
Experience documenting Web APIs required
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
· Job is focused on specific area of business with few established practices and procedures. Must work with operational timeframes and be flexible to changing priorities.
· Decisions are made within developing operational guidelines. Decisions affect department, other operational areas and customers or suppliers. Position has a direct effect on utilization, service and knowledge.
· Job has no supervisory responsibility. Work is guided.
· Contacts are made both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts include the Operations, Software Development, Product and Project Management teams, leads and managers. External contacts include customers, partners and their suppliers.
· Position requires regular contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on problem solving, customer service and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both phone or email and focus on inbound/outbound contact. Headsets are used regularly for phone work.
· Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Data, knowledge transfer and service are primary objectives of this position.
· Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer and a telephone. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.
Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FLT) is a global leader in business payments. We
simplify the way businesses manage and pay their expenses. Our portfolio of
brands help companies automate, secure, digitize and control payments to, or on
behalf of, their suppliers and employees. Our payment solutions cover four
primary expense categories: Payables, Tolls, Fuel, and Lodging. We serve
businesses, merchants and partners in North America, Latin America, Europe and
Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit FLEETCOR.com.
2000 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.6
billion in revenue. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates
enjoys global recognition including:
Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies
in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of
leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of
the largest companies in America, ranking #872
500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500
leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution, and
people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’
through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives,
which allows each individual to create a balance between professional goals and
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring
to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In
addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process,
engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all
in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
If you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact
your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be
considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning
a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information about our commitment to equal
employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following
links: EEO and Pay Transparency.
Thank you for applying and for your interest in FLEETCOR. If your profile corresponds to our requirements, a member of our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you soon.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency.