Application Developer IV (0970)
The Application Development Manager is a hands-on role responsible for leading one or two software development teams and their projects. We are looking for a leader with strong technical skills and people management skills. This position will be responsible for design, development and implementation of our unified customer experience UI, a highly visible, collaborative development effort involving multiple teams, host systems and technologies.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of a software development team, inclusive of staff oversight, team goal setting, performance reviews, staff augmentation, and mentoring of team members
- Leads technical discussions, collaborates with other technologists, architects and infrastructure experts
- Reviews software designs, pseudo code and programs, ensures adherence to Business requirements, architecture principles, quality and security standards.
- Organizes troubleshooting discussions, code fixes and rapid response to production issues
- Leads the development team from the frontlines, participates in Scrum ceremonies, helps remove roadblocks, adheres to Agile practices
- Helps with budget planning and capacity planning
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed
- Proactively identifies system improvement opportunities, embraces a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Responsible for people processes including hiring, mentoring and performance reviews
- Provide leadership to team by communicating vision, strategies and objectives to employees
- Works closely with Project Managers and Scrum Masters, ensures timely and successful completion of software development projects and other deliverables.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field or equivalent experience
- Ten+ years of experience in software development with some years of people management responsibilities
Required Knowledge and Skill
- Strong familiarity with multi-tiered client-server application architecture
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud technologies and Mulesoft API layer is a definite plus.
- Familiarity with static site generators such as Hugo.
- Project management skills, familiarity with Scrum practices.
- Experience in FinTech industry a definite plus
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience is required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with customers, team members, other teams and senior management
- Ability to lead and coach others
- Possesses advanced technical and analytical skills required to diagnose, isolate and resolve problems
- Drives to Win - Possesses sustained energy to set and meet challenging objectives; the ability to organize resources to achieve a standard of excellence in outcomes and monitor on-going performance – Advanced
- Communicates Clearly and Effectively - The ability to effectively share ideas, thoughts, information and feelings with a diverse range of audiences to develop two-way understanding; it includes speaking, listening and written communication skills; the ability to influence other towards a desired way of thinking or course of action and to secure agreement to achieve a common goals through effective negotiation - Advanced
- Demonstrates Flexibility and Adaptability - Is open and receptive to appropriate change; the ability to manage and shift priorities as required, and to incorporate new approaches in support of changing organizational needs; possesses confidence in challenging the status quo and providing input to change efforts – Advanced
- Focuses on Customer Service - A desire to help or meet the needs of customers; the ability to respond to changing needs of the customer while maintaining a high standard of quality and adhering to company policies, standards, practices and processes - Advanced
- Teamwork - Is able to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with customers and co-workers; able to work cooperatively across organizational boundaries to achieve shared goals; possesses an understanding of team dynamics and provides tangible contributions to teams, fostering collaboration and an environment of mutual trust and respect – Advanced
- Build Relationships - The ability to identify, build and maintain formal and informal networks and productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; it includes leveraging these contacts to influence positive outcomes for the business – Advanced
- Develops Self - Maintains a commitment to personal and professional development, keeping abreast of current professional knowledge; is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself – Advanced
- Solve Problems - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; able to think critically; to recognize and anticipate a problem (technical, operational, process, organizational) and to identify and implement the best solution in a timely manner – Advanced
- Managers and Executes on Projects - Establishes plans and manages resources to ensure work is completed efficiently, on time and on budget – Advanced
- Acts with integrity and Demonstrates Ethical Behavior - Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in ones motives and representations and those of the organization; is seen as direct, truthful, keeps confidences, promises and commitments; acts in an honest and trustworthy manner based on personal accountability and moral conviction to do the right thing - Advanced
Thank you for applying and for your interest in FLEETCOR. If your profile corresponds to our requirements, a member of our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you soon.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- 1200 Lake Hearn Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA
- Atlanta, GA, USA