Manager, Technical Services (Retail)
The Fikes Companies are looking for a Manager, Technical Services (Retail) to join their IT team in Temple, TX. This is an incredible opportunity for an individual with retail IT experience and strong supervisory skills, to join a small but mighty team of IT professionals in a growing company. The Manager, Technical Services is responsible for leading the execution of store system delivery, POS and back office systems, and ongoing system support. This position will have direct oversight of the store systems and support teams focusing on support and delivery of best-in-class store technology solutions. This role will need strong leadership, team building, process improvement, customer interaction and communication skills.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
- Ensures operational stability of all stores’ systems (Point of Sale, Back Office, Peripherals, Credit/Debit processing, Dispenser/Fuel process, other) across the enterprise.
- Supports implementations and upgrades of Verifone POS and PDI back office and ensures successful planning and execution of all store application and hardware projects.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to set strategic direction for store-related technology and effectively supports delivery of key initiatives.
- Evaluates overall Store support processes and procedures to ensure delivery of Best in Class service.
- Takes ownership, investment and accountability of service partner relationships, SLA’s.
- Ensures effective communication with all stakeholder groups throughout issue and project lifecycles.
- Stays current with convenience store industry trends from a customer and technology perspective.
- Leads and provides guidance to members of the IT Field Technician team – acts as coach and resource to ensure success.
- Drives performance by setting consistent, clear expectations and holding self/team accountable for results.
- Provides training (as needed) and staff development with company objectives in mind.
8+ years’ experience in a similar position, leading a technology team on project and support activities, must have experience with retail IT and/or proven track record of leading the evaluation and implementation of retail/supply chain systems to meet operational requirements and improve business functions., recent and relevant experience leveraging service providers and 3rd-party vendors on active support, project and future technology needs.
Experience working with Verifone Point of Sale and Fuel Dispenser Technologies
The Fikes Companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Temple, TX, USA