Human Resources Business Partner
The HR Business Partner reports to the Chief People Officer and is responsible for developing a strategic partner relationship with CEFCO leadership within their region. This position will ensure that employee relations, talent acquisition, performance management, training, talent reviews, and other talent management needs are met. In addition, this position will ensure compliance of all employment and labor laws through practices, policies, investigations, and actions.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
- Provides HR Business Partner support to assigned Region on all HR-related matters
- Partners with field and corporate on associate relations issues, including recommendations for investigations, progressive discipline plans, and terminations
- Ensures that regions (specifically stores) comply with company policies and procedures, as well as compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provides coaching and development to region leaders
- Partners with Regional Vice President and District Managers on workforce planning and maintaining staffing levels
- Facilitates communication among associates and management and provides guidance as needed on disputes, disciplinary actions, and regulatory compliance
- Responds to any EEOC/DOL inquiries and charges
- Maintains awareness of talent and recruiting needs to help achieve a candidate pipeline
- Assess and provides recommendations on overall talent management and training needs
- Conducts training, as needed
- Partners with Region leadership to create a positive employment branding
- Assists with various HR projects
3-5 years’ experience as an HR Generalist or Manager; must have field/HR operations experience; extensive knowledge of state and federal regulatory compliance laws; ability to coach leadership and their teams to engage employees, address people and employee relations issues; must be a results-driven professional capable of motivating those around you; intermediate to advanced level in MS Office Suite; must have experience in various HRIS and applicant tracking systems; must be self-directed and motivated; professional level communication skills – write, verbal, and presentation; and proven relationship building skills.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Temple, TX, USA