Manager, Fuel Pricing and Analytics
The Manager, Fuel Pricing and Analytics is responsible for managing the daily execution of retail fuel pricing and performing analysis to support retail fuel pricing strategy. This position will use analysis of current and historical sales and competitive pricing trends to maximize volume and gross profit. In addition, this position will support Fuel Supply, Wholesale, and Transportation with robust analysis to drive the growth of these business units.
Retail Fuel Pricing Duties:
- Reviews and adjusts site level pricing to meet volume and margin budget objectives. This includes daily reviews of competitive street pricing and market level spot prices for all fuels to determine margin and cost trends.
- Maintains and enhances pricing system and databases, which provide pricing and site level information essential for daily pricing decisions and analytical analysis of market elasticity.
- Performs statistical analysis of market data as necessary to evaluate the impact and success of pricing decisions.
- Identifies and maximizes strategic opportunities within the fuels business: renewable fuels, spread analysis, competitor offerings, boutique fuel offerings, etc.
- Develops and maintains market and site level pricing strategy documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of and compliance with federal, state, and local laws regarding retail pricing and necessary record keeping.
- Performs frequent site rides to identify local market trends and competitor site attributes that will assist in pricing strategy.
- Coordinates with retail operations team to ensure accuracy on competitor price surveys.
- Acts as SME for retail pricing tool and all associated data feeds.
- Develops recurring and ad hoc reports that represent large, complex sets of data and performs statistical analysis to identify competitive advantage as it relates to key strategic initiatives.
- Performs financial analysis of operating results for wholesale, transportation and supply business units.
- Assists the stakeholders with the definition and documentation of existing business processes and assists with the definition of future state.
- Develops suite of value-added dashboards via SpotFire BI tool for supported business units.
Bachelor’s degree, verifiable experience and knowledge of retail fuels business, data analytics experience; must have experience with reporting and big data analysis, strong aptitude with Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, data mining, analysis), must possess: The ability to draw conclusions from extensive data and present it in an understandable format, and Organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills, and possess the ability to interact and communicate with all levels in an organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- Temple, TX, USA