Eventide on Eighth in Moorhead, MN is currently seeking a full time Unit Secretary to work 8:00am - 4:30pm Mon-Fri with holiday rotation.
The Unit Secretary performs clerical and receptionist work, daily records, charts medical and administrative information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor facility access with the aid of video camera, intercom system, security alarms, Wanderguard, and fire alarms for the Fargo campus.
- Responsible for checking with appropriate department and signing for any deliveries to the nursing home, as appropriate and will call that department for pick up.
- Assist in monitoring wandering residents and redirecting them back to unit.
- Greet, direct, and provide information to residents, staff, families, and visitors.
- Answer the telephone, relay messages and requests to unit personnel. Provide appropriate information to callers when possible and transfer calls to appropriate person.
- Assist with resident transfers and admissions.
- Schedule x-rays and lab work.
- Transcribe physicians’ orders under supervision of the RN/Resident Care Nurse.
- Assist with in-house room changes and complete needed documentation and notification.
- Organize charts and needed paperwork for physician appointments and visits.
- Schedule and make transportation arrangements for residents various appointments and coordinates family or staff to accompany.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of clerical and office supplies on unit.
- Prepare appropriate documentation sheets (i.e. medication, treatment, doctor sheets, resident care lists, etc).
- Maintains resident charts and required physician appointments and visits.
- Work with consultant HIMS at least annually and as needed.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1405 7th St S, Moorhead, MN 56560, USA