Resident Care SL Universal Worker
The Universal Worker will provide safe, quality personal care assistance to tenants. Will also perform cleaning, laundry, and planning and implementation of activity program duties.
-Requires a current North Dakota Nursing Assistant Certification (class starting soon).
-Current certification in CPR is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with ADL’s-bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Assist residents in transferring in and/or out of bed.
- Assist residents with ambulation and/or therapeutic exercises.
- Observe and/or assist with medications, ordinarily self-administered. May give oral, trans-dermal patches eye drops, topical ointments and suppositories under the direction of the nurse.
- Read and record temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, and weight.
- Provide adequate nutrition and fluid intake.
- Performs blood sugar testing and documents results.
- Provide residents with emotional support and mental alertness.
- Socialize with residents. Listen, converse and participate in appropriate activities – reading mail, writing letters, etc.
- Give guidance, redirection and re-orientation as needed.
- Develop a rapport with residents and families to develop an understanding of the residents’ needs and interests.
- Document in resident records as instructed and in a timely manner.
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of resident’s plan of care.
- Recognize and report significant changes in the resident’s health, behavior and/or general appearance to the nurse.
- Comply with infection control policies and procedures.
- Recognize emergencies and carry out emergency procedures according to policy.
- Promptly report any occurrences of physical or mental abuse or potential for vulnerable adult concerns to supervisor.
- Review communication notes at the start of each shift to pick up on changes that may have occurred
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1300 2nd Pl NE, Jamestown, ND 58401, USA