The CNA assists in providing for the residents’ physical, mental, spiritual, psychological and social needs in accordance with the established nursing care procedures under the supervision, guidance and teaching of the supervisor in charge.
Requires a current North Dakota Nursing Assistant Certification. Long Term Care experience is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide individualized attention, which encourages each resident’s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial wellbeing.
- Carry and follow assigned resident care plan at all times.
- Attend to the individual needs of residents which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, etc., as indicated on resident care plan.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each resident in the delivery of services to them. Interact with residents with warmth and compassion.
- Follow policies and procedures in regard to safety of the residents, others, property, and yourself.
- Comply with rules and regulations as set forth by the North Dakota Department of Health and the Center for Medicare/Medicaid services.
- Fully understand all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints, abuse and neglect. Responsible for promptly reporting any incidents or evidence of abuse, neglect or violation of residents’ rights per policy.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment.
- Promptly answer residents’ call lights and alarms.
- May perform tasks such as checking vital signs, residents’ weights, applying lotions, etc.
- Lift, move, and transport residents by using gait belt, one-person transfer, two person transfer, Hoyer lift, standing lift, etc. as identified by care plan.
- Assist and escort residents for appointments and activities, as needed.
- Document and record care provided and other pertinent information.
- Follow proper safety and infection control procedures by washing hands, use of gloves, disposal of soiled materials, etc.
- Assist with resident personal laundry as needed.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1300 2nd Pl NE, Jamestown, ND 58401, USA