Supervisor, Benefit Administration
Responsible for supervising employee benefits operation staff and assist in the management of all aspects of EPI’s benefits administration in partnership with the external benefits vendor. This position will be one of two staff to participate in the Council of Agency Executives Nonprofit Benefits Exchange representing our agency. Maintain highest standard of integrity, confidentiality and ethics while handling employee matters. Deliver top-notch customer service while supporting employees in this innovative environment.
- Administer key areas of employee benefits with support from HR Vendor Partners engaging senior management and legal as necessary.
- Accountable for HR Medical Record Audits and monitoring of benefits-related status changes and file feeds to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained.
- Coordinate all aspects of Open Enrollment with assistance from the benefits broker, external benefits vendor and the Director, Human Resources.
- Oversee internal leave management and worker’s compensation processes.
- Monitor and communicate benefits plan changes for all staff.
- Responsible for updating policies and procedures as it relates to employee benefits.
- Maintain up to date benefits information on EPIcenter, agency’s intranet system.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, letters and emails.
- Utilize excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and ensure proper focus and progress on tasks and projects.
- Utilize Microsoft Office programs to enhance recordkeeping, reporting, calendar scheduling and information management.
- Maintain various tracking documents in support of department processes, following up as necessary with appropriate stakeholders.
- All other duties as assigned – may be asked to assist in other HR functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 3 to 5 years previous experience in an HR generalist/benefits/worker’s compensation.
- Must have and maintain a valid New York State Drivers’ License pre and post hire.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and child abuse registry check pre and post hire
- Some travel may be required (less than 15%).
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills including both oral and written communication skills.
- Time management and priority setting: strong organizational skills and have an ability to keep track of multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Creative, resourceful and self-motivated.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- DayForce proficiency is a plus.
- Human services/health care experience is a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift, and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
OSHA Category 3:
This position does not require exposure to blood or body fluids that requires specific training for the employees’ safety. All EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC employees are offered the opportunity to receive Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Pay Type Salary
- Rochester, NY, USA