Self Direction Community Hab. #13898
You will have the opportunity to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities as
they become further integrated into their communities. Daily, you will use your training as well
as your own knowledge and skills to support and guide people toward a healthy and safe lifestyle
of their choosing.
- Seeking self-hired staff person to work with young adult in his own apartment in the Webster area & in the nearby community.
- Grocery shopping
- Explore things to do in the community
- Help the person find out about volunteer opportunities
- Accompany the person to medical appointments to help him understand information
- Accompany the person to gym & exercise programs such as water walking
- Go with the person on walking for exercise in the community
- Provide encouragement & social support when going out in the community
Hours: Saturdays & Sundays from 11 AM – 4 PM with possible additional hours.
Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 1 PM
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma/GED
- Valid & Current New York State Driver’s License
- Reliable Personal Vehicle
- The staff person will need to be honest & straightforward. The staff person needs to be able to encourage the individual to be more independent & self-confident around other people out in the community.
- All trainings provided by Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: o Close vision o Ability to adjust focus
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA