Self Direction Community Hab. #13909
You will have the opportunity to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities as
they become further integrated into their communities. Daily, you will use your training as well
as your own knowledge and skills to support and guide people toward a healthy and safe lifestyle
of their choosing.
- Ensure ongoing health and safety for the person being supported.
- Support, train, and guide people as they socialize, make purchases, volunteer, exercise, or engage in other community-based activities of their choosing. These activities will be organized through the Person-Centered Planning process.
- Provide transportation as deemed appropriate for the day’s activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
These are my special interests:
- Brazilian jiu-jitsu
- Aquariums & fish care
- Visiting parks
- Explore volunteer opportunities
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience working with people with autism
- Knowledge o& acceptance of LGBTQ community
- Part-time (up to 20 hours a week): evenings, weekends
- Valid & Current New York State Driver’s License
- Access to a Reliable Personal Vehicle
- Fair Computing Skills [all documentation is completed online]
- No experience necessary, although previous experience in the field of intellectual/developmental disabilities is preferred.
- All trainings provided by Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
Ability to adjust focus
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA