Self-Direction Respite Staff #14054
Seeking Respite Staff for an Active Man with Developmental Disability. You can make a difference in the life of someone special! EPI is looking for a creative and compassionate direct support professional to work with a man who has a developmental disability. The ideal candidate will have effective communication skills, patience, and strong organizational skills.
- Maintain the health and well being of the person your supporting
- Assist with aquiring independent living skills.
- Teach communication skills and how best to interact with others in social settings.
- Assist him in aquiring experiences in social, recreational, and physical fitness opportunities.
- High School diploma or GED and 1 year of similar experience.
- Must have a valid NYS Drivers License and access to a vehicle
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hands to finger, handle or feel, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Time and Hours are negotiable
- Port Byron, N.Y.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Pay Type Hourly
- Port Byron, NY 13140, USA