Composite Team Lead
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
The Composite Technician Team Lead provides leadership to Composite Technicians performing aircraft maintenance and parts fabrication in a variety of areas to deliver quality and value to a diverse set of aviation customers. The Team Lead also performs Composite Technician responsibilities.
- Provide leadership to Composite Technicians to keep them focused on their responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure all Composite Technicians have clear understanding of the project they are working and remain on task
- Work with Fabrication Supervisor to ensure project maintenance and modification is competed in accordance with documentation and meets customers’ requirements
- Read blueprints, tape measure, scale, and calipers to ensure project accuracy (to 0.030 tolerance) and completion
- Ensure materials and consumables are readily available by monitoring quantities and shelf life serviceability to build components for aircraft applications using a variety of composite materials.
- Maintain shop tooling and equipment tracking for maintenance and calibration to ensure on-time completion of fiberglass projects
- Follow basic maintenance instructions in manuals and provided by supervisor
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regard to PPE
- Maintain shop floor/environment free from clutter or debris
- Other duties as directed
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to lead a group of mechanics to complete projects in a given timeframe
- Technical aptitude
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math calculations
- Ability to work well with others in a diverse group
- A&P license with some technical or college experience is preferred
- Some aviation and/or fiberglass experience is required
- Basic mechanical experience is desired
- Ability to:
2 years mechanical and fabrication experience, experience working with hands, repairing composites/fiberglass is helpful/desired.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, VA, USA