Sr Audio Visual Project Manager – Santa Clara, CA
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
Sr Audio Visual Project Manager – Santa Clara, CA
* responsible for the scope, schedule, cost, quality and client satisfaction of a project throughout its entire lifecycle, from Initiating through Closing phases which may include audio visual technologies such as: Video Conferencing; Polycom Real Presence; Cisco TelePresence systems; Acano systems; WebEx / Teams / Zoom; Biamp / QSYS / ClearOne; Barco / Planar / Prysm / VuWall displays; Dante; Digital Signage; Crestron / AMX / Utelogy Controls; Evertz; VBrick; Grass Valley; Ross; Black Magic; Patch Bays; Christie Spyders; Cisco Unified Communications.
What part will you play?
The Sr Project Manager will act as the responsible person on their assigned projects and have direct control over all project activities. The Senior Project Manager will also mentor other Project Managers with the company. The SPM will likely be assigned to the most complex, sensitive, high visibility, and high-value projects within Diversified. This position will be providing direction to a wide range of internal personnel spanning technical, operations, service, account/sales, and executive teams, as well as provide direction to external teams such as subcontracted installation labor.
What will you be doing?
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily activities include project communications, scheduling, task lists for technicians, managing deliverables from technical teams, overseeing the completion of projects. The PM is responsible for completing systems integration projects on time, on budget and achieving high customer satisfaction from our customers. The majority of this employee's time will be spent managing projects and communicating with all project stakeholders. This person will be held accountable for following and helping to improve the established Diversified processes.
- As the primary interface to the client, the project manager develops a strong long-term relationship. Managing the client relationship, including expectations, communications and satisfaction.
- Coordinates and communicates.
- Provides clear leadership and ownership for the project within Diversified, including accurate and timely verbal and written communication and follow up.
- Coordinates all activities associated with the timely, accurate and on-budget completion of the project, including engaging stakeholders, delegating responsibilities clearly and running client and internal project meetings.
- Provides support and assistance to team members as needed in order help them be successful and get the job done.
- Ensures appropriate and frequent communication between stakeholders.
- Resolves destructive conflict.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams with regard to installation projects.
- Assumes ownership of individual projects and assignments.
- Establishes and maintains communication with Account Executives, Directors, installation technicians, subcontractors, clients, etc.
- May be required to regularly lead a team on large projects.
- Develops and communicates project updates as required.
- Provides constant monitoring of labor, equipment and materials budgets.
- Coordinate with procurement team to ensure that all equipment has been ordered and will arrive on time.
- Assist sales staff and potentially support quoting requirements as assigned.
- Provides and/or directs technical and administrative support to project team members.
- Develops and maintains all related project schedules.
- Perform or direct field verification of prospective work site. Documents all issues with site and keeps everyone informed of potential issues and solutions.
- Coordinates all drawings or documentation between all internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitates and directs design reviews to assure proper documentation in the field.
- Coordinates all system programming and final checkout of systems. Provides punch-list of remaining tasks after substantial completion.
- Manages contractors and other trades when necessary.
- Monitors status of projects including cost, timing and staffing to ensure timely and accurate completion and billing of projects.
- Ensures quality and continuous improvement.
- Coordinates training & turnover of projects to client, service department, & sales.
- Every project is different and every set of project stakeholders is different. The PM needs to negotiate a very complex set of variables between system design, site conditions and a widely varying set of expectations with multiple stakeholders. The skill of communicating both verbally and in writing to manage all these variables takes a very high level of awareness, emotional intelligence and people management skills. The PM is constantly managing the forces of change in every project environment. Balancing schedules, budgets, scope, quality and client satisfaction are a very complex set of variables.
Decision Making Authority:
- Takes full ownership of project Acts as the single point of responsibility and accountability for the project.
- Ensures schedule performance, quality of solution delivered to client, and client satisfaction.
- Manages and reports on the project’s financials, including ensuring budget performance and profitability. Ensures timely and correct billings to client.
- Demonstrates proactivity, responsiveness, and follow through.
- Communicates decision options to stakeholders and manages those decisions.
- Manages a complex array of decisions at every point of the project but is rarely the sole decision maker.
Physical Working Environment:
- The physical demands and travel requirements described below are representative of those that may be met by a SPM if or when assigned to report directly to job site locations. These demands may not apply to SPM’s that are assigned to manage projects remotely – in those cases, a standard office/home office environment would apply.
- The employee may be exposed to construction site conditions on a regular basis. Employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and to comply with all safety regulations in place by the GC. Use of PPE is usually required on job sites. The employee can typically spend at least 40% of their time on their feet and be required to mobile around the construction site. The employee must have the ability to occasionally climb ladders, use stairs and lift and/or move materials up to 20 pounds in construction areas. The individual is regularly required to use keyboards, test equipment and controls required for SI installation projects. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth vision. When not on construction sites, the employee will experience normal office conditions and be required to use office equipment such as computers, peripherals, etc.
- Frequent travel by car and occasional airplane trips are required. Employee must possess a valid driver’s license in their state of residence. Employee will be required to use their own vehicle and will be reimbursed for mileage at the current corporate rate. Local travel to job sites (within a 2-hour driving distance each way) will make up 70-90% usually but remote travel can be up to 30% of the job at times. 10% remote travel is required on a regular basis.
What do we require from you?
- A PMP certification from the Project Management Institute preferred
- Other relevant certifications may be required or preferred based on the technology focus of the position (ex: AVIXA CTS).
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- years of experience as a Sr Audio Visual Project Manager. Deep knowledge and experience with audio/video or related technical systems. Knowledgeable of low voltage electrical projects. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Supervisory and people skills. The Project Manager shall have the ability and skills to diagnose and resolve complex technical, political and people related problems. Great people leadership skills are required. Strong financial background in project cost accounting is required.
- A project manager typically has these base skills.
- Has a high level of both written and verbal communication skills.
- Focused on clients and able to understand how they can use technology from Diversified to meet their business needs.
- Approachable; works well on teams. Is a natural leader.
- Delegates effectively.
- Good at setting and managing people’s expectations.
- Personally organized, manages time well, and sets clear priorities. Sets an example for preparation, punctuality, and professional appearance.
- Excellent at planning.
- Forecasts and manages risks.
- Problem solver who can remain effective in tense situations.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Santa Clara, CA, USA