Assoc Audio Visual Project Manager - Kenilworth, NJ (DMG)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
* responsibility of the logistics, planning and coordination of assigned Audio Visual projects which may include: Video Conferencing; Polycom Real Presence; Cisco TelePresence systems; Acano systems; WebEx / Teams / Zoom; Biamp / QSYS / ClearOne; Barco / Planar / Pryzm / VuWall displays; Dante; Digital Signage; Crestron / AMX / Utelogy Controls; Evertz; VBrick; Grass Valley; Ross; Black Magic; Patch Bays; Christie Spyders; Cisco Unified Communications..
* overall responsibility for their assigned projects and budgets.
* works closely with the Client Success Manager, the Sales Lead, and/or Executive management to take direction on specific tasks and accountabilities that will support project success. While the APM is required to communicate with the client, they are accountable for the project at hand, not overall account status. The position involves coordination with the Sales, Engineering and installation teams, in-house fabrication and on site project work with Field Logistics teams.
- Multiple levels of management, coordination and planning:
- Coordinate with IT engineering to ensure that the project has adequate Engineering resources to meet the project deadlines.
- Coordinate with AV engineering to ensure that the project is meeting all specifications, and he/she will review and approve any equipment changes from the bill of materials that the lead engineer may require to build the project.
- Coordinate with the purchasing team to ensure that all equipment items have been ordered, and to track the delivery in order to meet project deadlines.
- Make sure that the project has the site supervision and technicians needed to complete the project on schedule.
- Coordinate with the Account Manager and / or sales team on any changes to the project that may impact final project cost and/or project schedule.
- Creation and / or review of project quotes for existing clients.
- Effectively communicate project status with the teams and client on a regular basis, and/or as needed.
- Create project plans where applicable and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Track the progress of projects, ensuring that they are staying within budget and meeting client expectations.
- Responsible for following the DMG Project Lifecycle, completing all necessary forms and communications in an effort to ensure a smooth project process.
- Responsible for submitting project invoicing to the accounting department.
- Responsible for tracking project costing throughout the project and escalating any cost issues to management, program management or the sales lead for the client.
- Responsible for any additional paperwork or forms which may be part of projects requirements that are often established by the general contractor or owner.
- Foster an effective and productive team environment
- Provide guidance for Project Coordinators
- Perform Project Coordinator functions as needed
- Support the CSM team by providing necessary project related information to ensure there is a proper project hand-off to the NOC
- Office environment, desk/PC/phone usage.
- Occasional travel to project locations may be required.
- CTS or other AV certification preferred.
- years of Audio Visual Project experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an organized and efficient manner.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills – verbal, face-to-face and by phone, and written – for both internal and external interactions.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft productivity products – Outlook, Excel, Word, Project (preferred) – and strong technical aptitude to learn new IT programs.
- Experience and strong familiarity with remote Project Managing, system service and installations with outsourced labor, vendors and contractors.
- Strong knowledge of AV, IT and construction integration practices and standards or related experience preferred.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Kenilworth, NJ, USA