Live Event AV Technician - Toronto, Canada (M&E)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
The purpose of the Live Event AV Technician is to support the execution of daily live event and video productions to meet our client’s communications needs. Under the direction of the Live Event Team Leader, interact with internal and external clients, studio production teammates and external supplier personal for the successful completion of all events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Set up, Move, Tear Down, Operate AV and Media Studio Equipment
· Operation of mobile webcast kits, control rooms, sound systems for events
· Respond to client and event coordinator requests, issues for support and resolution.
· Assist 3rd party hook up of event rental gear.
· Test, Troubleshoot, and Escalation of any trouble issues.
· Event Mock Testing, Equipment Connections, Configurations, taping and storage of all portable equipment.
· Fill Video Control room and Production positions such as audio, camera, production assistant, and TD.
· Provide technical support, maintenance, and daily operation in support of productions and events. Duties could include: Pre-Event Planning, Dry Runs, Set Up, Operation of audio board, video camera, microphones, podium audio, integration of presentation and computer technology into house system or external systems. Ability to run lighting, set up wireless microphones, podiums, and studio control booth equipment.
· Assist Clients in familiarizing themselves with meeting best practices and event show flow for overall best presentation outcomes.
· Demonstrate working knowledge of computer presentation software and troubleshoot in front of live audience of event.
· Provide support for video and audio production recordings either on location or in studio based on needs.
· Other duties as assigned
Physical Working Environment:
· Office, Studio, Clean, Open Cubicle Work, Corporate.
· Ability to move 50-75lbs of equipment.
· Ability to Travel to location and studio shoots as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· 2-4 Years AV – Studio Video Production field production experience.
· 4 Year degree in Broadcast Production, Multi-Media, is a plus.
· Must always act professional and is comfortable working with all level of executives.
· Working knowledge of computer presentation software and troubleshooting in front of a live audience of event is required.
Integration into collaborative software such as Skype, Teams, WebEx, Facebook Live, Streaming platforms or other.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Toronto, ON, Canada