Installation Technician - Indianapolis, IN (AVE)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
- Possess all skills from Associate Install Technician and most skills from the Associate Fabrication Technician job descriptions to install components and make modifications on site as necessary to complete the project
- Physical installation of a wide variety of technology into a wide variety of locations.
- Execute a wide variety of cabling terminations for all wire and connector types and ability to test completed terminations.
- Support the preparation of equipment racks for staging of equipment wire lacing including installation of power strips, grounding bars, jack-fields, etc.
- Able to read and understand functional design drawings as well as cable riser diagrams and all architectural drawings.
- Able to assist in the mounting of base build equipment such as monitor mounts, ceiling speakers’ microphones and projectors.
- Provide a consistent level of technical performance as well as flexibility in work schedule. This position requires periodic overtime and may require regular overtime for extended periods to meet fabrication deadlines
- Able to complete assignments in accordance with or better than established task durations as well as estimate task durations to meet assigned deadlines. Provides daily feedback to Project Manager, or Site Superintendent.
- Able to build and wire custom designs from engineering drawings.
- Fiber optic cable handling, installation termination and testing.
- Can print and make minor corrections to cable labels.
- Maintain an organized work environment specifically orderliness and cleanliness of the shop and jobsites.
- Responsible for maintaining their toolkit, company vehicles and installation materials inventories. Keeping things clean, orderly and well documented.
- Responsible for maintaining their personal licenses, certifications and qualifications. (some states have specific requirement in this area)
- Maintain daily record of time worked on specific projects for timesheet entry and work performed reports
- This level of technician will be responsible for performing tasks on clients job sites with little supervision. On smaller projects this position may be responsible for the coordination with clients, contractors and subcontractors.
- This position is often alone on the job sites and requires making good judgement about decisions that need to be made. In general the project manager and a site supervisor are available to answer questions. This position requires good diplomacy in working with our clients and other key stakeholders on the job sites.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee. The employee may be exposed to construction site conditions on a regular basis. Employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and to comply with all safety regulations in place by the GC. Use of PPE is usually required on job sites. The employee can typically spend at least 60% of their time on their feet and be required to mobile around the construction site. The employee must have the ability to occasionally climb ladders, use stairs and lift and/or move materials up to 40 pounds in construction areas. The individual is regularly required to use keyboards, test equipment and controls
- required for SI installation projects. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth vision. When not on construction sites, the employee will experience normal office conditions and be required to use office equipment such as computers, peripherals, etc.
- Frequent travel by car and occasional airplane trips are required. Employee must possess a valid driver’s license in their state of residence. Employee will be required to use their own vehicle and will be reimbursed for mileage at the current corporate rate. Local travel to job sites (within a 2 hour driving distance each way) will make up 70-90% usually but remote travel can be up to 30% of the job at times. 10% remote travel is required on a regular basis.
- High school or GED equal
- AVIXA CTS Certification is desired.
- One or more years as an associate technician and/or fabrication technician or related industry experience.
- Must have a valid drivers license and adhere to our insurance requirements
- OSHA 30 Certificate is highly desired. (NYC OSHA30 is desired)
- Other relevant certifications may be required or preferred based on the technology focus of the position.
- Familiarity with a wide range of audio, video and networking equipment
- Knowledgeable of low voltage electrical concepts
- Possess basic carpentry and/or installation skills
- Proficient use and safety with power tools
- Good verbal communication skills and good customer service skills.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Indianapolis, IN, USA