On-Site Senior Graphic Designer
The purpose of the Senior Graphic Designer role is to support Fortune 50 company public relations, marketing and other business departments with the design and execution of digital and print graphics, [AB(1] incorporating company brand standards to meet internal client communications needs. Must interact with internal clients and external suppliers personally, as needed for the successful completion of all design projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Experience in designing and producing print, digital and video materials. Knowledge of different printing methods including traditional, digital, screen printing, etc. and proper file preparation for the different printing methods.
· Expertise in designing for large format, i.e., trade show graphics or large digital displays.
· Accomplished skills in photo retouching.
· Proficient knowledge with a wide variety of industry-standard graphic design and layout software packages, i.e., Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat). Working knowledge with Microsoft Office programs PowerPoint and Word.
· Ability to translate written communications into graphics that support and enhance the client’s communication as well as the brand.
· Ability to provide 1-5 design concepts as required by project direction.
· Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and external vendors. Ability to maintain records and keep digital archives per department policies.
· Ability to provide feedback to other designers on the team.
· Ability to share design expertise and knowledge with other designers on the team.
· The ability to work independently and under pressure are equally important traits, along with self-discipline to start projects on their own, to budget their time, and to meet deadlines and production schedules.
· Must always act professional and is comfortable working with all level of executives.
· Maintains understanding of current and new software technology appropriate to job and be proactive in suggestions of new software that would enable more efficiencies and foster Creativity.
Other duties as assigned.
Physical Working Environment:
This job operates in a professional corporate open environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position regularly requires employees to sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design.
· Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant design experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that would provide knowledge to perform the above requirements.
· Requires a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience at the Sr. Designer level.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
· This position requires understanding of design and production of print and digital graphics for all types of applications including but not limited to advertising, brochures, technical literature, and trade show graphics; general business practices and office procedures; the ability to adhere to department and company policies and procedures; able to recommend improvements in department policies and capable of good customer relations. Must be Mac and PC computer literate.
· Must show a portfolio.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Midland, MI, USA