Closed Caption Specialist
Midland, MI, USA
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Job Summary: The purpose of the Closed Caption (CC) Support position is to provide ownership and support for the Studio video team as well by providing outstanding service delivery on required closed caption products; on-demand video, live webcast video and motion graphics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling CC with proper vendor based on live, on-demand or translation captioning needs.
- Coordinate with live webcast, events teams, and PS’s to make sure all CC needs are covered.
- Review, edit, and proof, all CC files with videos before being distributed.
- Evaluate the vendors providing the captioning services for quality assurance.
- Help identify process change for best efficiencies.
- Managing invoicing needs and tracking cost within our project management system.
- Approve and coordinate billing with Dow administration (to prevent over-billing or double billing) and to capture costs.
- Reporting on cost, accuracy, and usage of these services.
- Coordinate live interpreter needs for live events and large audience webcasts.
Physical Working Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional corporate open environment.
· High School Diploma, College preferred
1-3 Years Communication experience preferred
Customer Service Experience a must
Broadcast, Entertainment, Events Experience preferred
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• Strong verbal Communication Skills
This position requires:
- good customer relations with attention to detail related to grammar, punctuation, and client related terminology.
- an understanding of technology
- a working understanding of multimedia operations
- the ability to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- strong general office and organizational skills