Head of Broadcast SMPTE 2110 in Washington, DC (AVE)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
* role located in metro DC; will reside in area ...OR... open to relocation to area..
* manage onsite technical support (broadcast and IT support) + work closely with the Director of News, US and Production Operations Manager, US to assure smooth, safe, and secure day-to-day studio operations.
* Demonstrated background in SMPTE 2110 standard & 2110 workflows.
* MUST currently possess authorization to work in USA (no sponsoring / processing of visas).
- Manage outsourced technical support contract.
- Build internal technical/engineering team over time.
- Key technology contact for a media company in Washington, DC site, responsible for technology estate and main point of technical escalation.
- Closely cooperate with Director of News, US and the Production Operations Manager, US, on daily operations, making sure underlying technology is running safe and secure and supports around the clock live news studio operation.
- Oversee the delivery of engineering projects and manage all aspects of technical support.
- Manage relationship with external service providers (technology and IT). Either directly or via outsourced team.
- Ensure technology on site complies with company’s business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Support change control process.
- Will ensure technology and legislation compliance is maintained across all areas.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional corporate environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers). The role also requires the ability to lift and move 50-75lbs of gear as necessary. Working in server rooms, on computers, hard drives, and with rack mounted hardware required.
- 5+ years, Broadcast Engineering and Management
- Hands-on experience with implementing and using SMPTE2110 suite of standards. Good knowledge of broadcast engineering and IT technologies. Azure AD, Cisco network switches, Cisco and SonicWall firewalls, Cisco telephony (CUCM), VMware system administration for medium sized business with multiple offices, cybersecurity policies and threat management, team management experience.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Cloudflare and other cloud services providers is a major plus.
- Studio automation, especially Sony,
- MAM and PAM systems, (experience with Avid PAM is a plus),
- Broadcast graphics systems, (especially Vizrt),
- NRCS systems, (experience with iNews is a plus),
- Production tools, (e.g. Avid Media Central),
- Post-production, especially Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere,
- Archiving, ingest, transcoding, playout automation, studio technologies,
- Virtualization (VMware),
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS & Azure),
- Network architecture (Cisco),
- Telephony (Cisco) and
- Microsoft Server and Office products.
- Self-starter, ideally with business start-up experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Ability to work in fast moving environment.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Alabama, USA
- Connecticut, USA
- Delaware, USA
- Florida, USA
- Georgia, USA
- Indiana, USA
- Kentucky, USA
- Maine, USA
- Maryland, USA
- Massachusetts, USA
- Michigan, USA
- Mississippi, USA
- New Jersey, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- Ohio, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- South Carolina, USA
- Tennessee, USA
- Vermont, USA
- Virginia, USA
- Washington, DC, USA
- West Virginia, USA