On-Site Media Studio Operations Engineer - Toronto, Canada
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
* responsible for broadcast, show and studio engineering, consultation, design of new and retro fit video/studio space and equipment, for mobile events/field location, signage, and studio space.
* responsible to ensure the technologies work together and morph as technology changes inside and outside of client network.
What will you be doing?
- The Media Studio Operations Engineer will be required to maintain the technical facilities in a ready state and modify the systems and spaces, as necessary.
- This includes the execution break fix relative to production space needs, escalation, the performance testing of all systems, and the reporting of all conditions to the client’s representative(s).
- Develop, Create, and Maintain Studio Standard Hardware and Operational Standard for Studio control rooms and specialty spaces. Design, recommend, upgrading and maintain of systems such as Digital, HD, 4K and 8K video workflows.
- Including integration of the following site technologies:
- Ascender VIDEO Switcher
- Yamaha Sound BOARD TF5
- VMIX Streaming System
- Shure Wireless Mic System
- Cameras, Lighting
- AV Cabling/ Patching
- LINK automatic Captioning
- HaiVision Encoder/Transcoder
- Black Magic ATEM Television Studio Pro
- Black Magic 4K Live Production Switcher Studio
- Manage remote field hardware studio package for mobile webcasting.
- Develop, Teach, and Mentor production technicians and video specialists to use the new studio tools and implement workflow.
- Responsible to provide 3rd level support for all live events if necessary.
- Be involved in training, testing, implementation and deployment of new technology and tools. Responsible for understanding the technology and needs of each department workflow.
- Test and research how the different tools interact; as well as creating the processes and workflow to ensure successful communication.
- Coordinate and work with 3rd party product vendor to determine overall solutions and impact to system changes and fixes, as required.
- Point of contact for monitoring, troubleshooting, escalation, and technical documentation for overall operations as it relates to equipment and system support.
- Other duties assigned as needed
- This role requires moving of equipment. Ability to move 50-100lbs. Open Corporate Seating Environment
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- 4–5 years relevant experience with technologies mentioned above.
- Understanding of SAN/NAS technologies, Digital Signage, Video and Studio technologies.
- Excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
- Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Ability to build quality customer/vendor relationships.
- Ability to understand future industry trends and apply to existing workflow.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Toronto, ON, Canada