Broadcast Field Service Engineer - Austin, TX (AVE)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
* lead broadcast technical support for:
* responsible for all maintenance, service repairs, and preventative maintenance of broadcast and audio-visual related equipment including: CAT6 and Fiber infrastructure; broadcast Encoders / Decoders; Production workflows; Broadcast Cameras; Ross Broadcast Production Switchers; Enterprise sized Video/Audio Router from vendors such as Evertz, Ross Video,; Monitoring and Control systems such as Evertz Vistalink and Ross Dashboard; DANTE; Yamaha Production Audio Mixers; Large Intercom systems from ClearCom; Large LED display systems; Evertz Magnum; SDVN; EVS Video ingest and servers.
- Provide on-site support of broadcast on-air operations.
- Configuration/maintenance of broadcast-centric equipment such as video routers, monitors, cameras, switchers and audio mixers.
- Validate the proper installation, functionality and usage of baseband video and audio subsystems.
- Maintain documentation used in support of broadcast operations, including CAD diagrams and relevant SOPs.
- Provide oversight for planning and implementation of process improvement principles required to maintain Broadcast technologies in critical areas such as video walls, conference rooms, and broadcast events spaces.
- Oversee repair and service of all broadcast equipment while planning and implementing improvements in broadcast equipment.
- Liaise with broadcast contacts on a regular basis, along with inter-departmental teams (Intercompany Onsite Broadcast Support, Executive IT support, etc.)
- Schedule meetings and agendas for broadcast vendors and other departments on a regular basis. Update weekly and monthly status reports with management.
- Perform any and all other duties as necessary - assigned by his/her supervisor for efficient functioning of the department, office and firm.
- Mitigate risks to the firm by operating in a security mindset.
- Participate in and drive continuous improvement activities across broadcast technologies.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance visits to ensure equipment and room functionality is ready for use.
- Responsible for identifying defective or failed equipment and taking ownership to resolution.
- Interface with manufacturers, developers, engineers, and project managers to provide resolutions for highly complex systems.
- Responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, removal, repair, testing, implementation, and operation of all aspects of broadcast related technologies.
- Responsible for accurate tracking of broadcast hardware inventory, and routine testing of portable and installed equipment to diagnose, log and repair discovered faults.
- Provide customers an elevated level of AV tech competencies & support.
- Develop an on-going customer relationship, resulting in future customer loyalty.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance visits to ensure all customer rooms and systems are operating in an optimum fashion.
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine and find resolutions or appropriate usage.
- Work with manufacturers to develop relationships related to equipment servicing (technical support, securing return authorizations, complete repair functions required to resolve customer issues).
- Assemble reports and in-house paperwork to record customer interactions.
- Provide operational support for meetings as required.
- A two-year diploma from a Technical School, or equivalent experience.
- CTS cert from AVIXA + manufacturer certs (AMX, Biamp, Crestron, ClearOne, Extron, Poly, or Cisco).
- Competencies in AutoCAD / Visio adequate to read drawings for rack layout & cabling.
- Preference given to Three (3) years of experience conducting site surveys; constructing racks; pulling cable; installing projectors & sub-mounts; crimping / punch-down connections.
- This job will require a technician with both AVE and M&E (Broadcast) support skillsets. The most strongly utilized broadcast related integrated technologies is Evertz AV (Magnum series), and DANTE. There is a regular demand for support related to both of these products. There are also broadcast studio - and pre/post production support of associated technologies integrated within those spaces.
- Must be able to stand, kneel and/or crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in high places, as well as small/cramped places.
- Must be able to work in hot humid places, as well as cold places.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be insurable.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Austin, TX, USA