Video / Broadcast Engineer - NYC
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
Video / Broadcast Engineer - NYC
* Must be onsite every day in NYC; remote is not an option.
* Must currently have USA work authorization; no sponsorship / processing of work authorizations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage and provide support the day to day operations of the AV Engineering and Media networks
· Apply necessary patches and security updates for all AV Engineering and Media server and network components
· Troubleshoot and repair problems experienced on the AV Engineering and Media server and network components
· Install new AV Engineering and Media server and network components
· Make recommendations for improvements to the AV Engineering and Media server and network components
· Prepare budgets/timelines and plans for how to execute critical upgrade projects
· Develop and refine production workflows and department standards for digital broadcasts and enforce those standards to ensure quality across all productions
· Implement latest industry and custom built technologies to broadcast pipeline
Physical Working Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional corporate environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers). The role also requires the ability to lift and move 50-75lbs of gear as necessary. Working in server rooms, on computers, hard drives, and with rack mounted hardware required.
Travel could be necessary, minimal.
Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Technical field degree or ability to demonstrate.
3-5 Years’ Experience with Computers, Networks and/or Programming and/or 1-3 Years IT experience as well as customer service, preferably in a corporate environment preferred
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The individual must have a strong understanding of computer networks and systems preferably in global network installations, and be able to administer them when required.
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Candidate must be a critical thinker possessing advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
• Being technically astute or having the willingness to learn new technologies is necessary in daily operations.
• The ability to think on your feet and make decisions on your own is essential.
• Must be motivated. This position is for a self-starter, someone who is able to work with a group as well as individually, in a corporate environment.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- New York Metropolitan Area, USA