On-site Audio Visual Engr (w/ active highest level US Govt security clearance) - NYC
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
Providing support for Audio Visual systems such as:
Experience with Barco OpSpace product are highly preferred.
The most important requirement for this role is the ability to create and maintain a client relationship which results in superior client satisfaction, as well as the renewal and growth of an ADOPT onsite support agreement. Support normally includes multiple aspects, such as the daily support of the users, and systems. The AV Engineer will assist in the testing, developing, and implementation best practices for end users and scenarios.
- Perform supporting assists for end-user meetings/conferences/events.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance of technical systems, ensuring a ready to use state.
- Perform resolution of any system/equipment repair faults discovered within systems.
- Interface/liaison with others in efforts related to equipment faults and repair needs.
- Interface/liaison with manufacturers/vendors to facilitate equipment repair needs (as RMAs).
- Develop and manage/maintain an inventory tracking/recording mechanism.
- Track/update repair needs, work duties and events within ticketing systems.
- Produce summary and detailed reports.
- Maintain functional aspects of technical systems for an optimal ready to use state.
- Continue to progress elevated technical skills related to technical systems characteristics.
- Continue to grow and hone soft skills related to satisfactory client relationships.
- Create proper reporting materials to help express the value of the role to the client.
- Create an atmosphere of pleasure and confidence with the Diversified client experience.
- Normally provided a working area within an office/business environment. Dependent upon the client, this role is often called to support and perform work on systems located throughout the entire breadth of a client’s building(s) and campus grounds. The daily working conditions may have various demands/situational relationships.
- Equipment access needs may be located within difficult areas (under conference/meeting room tables, within equipment closets/rooms, behind large displays/walls, within ceiling areas, cramped within small spaces such as kiosks, etc.)
- There may be needs to safely lift/handle equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- There are normally demands for walking great distances on a regular/daily basis.
- There may often be needs to traverse up/down stairwells on a regular/daily basis.
- There may be needs to work on/at the top area of ladders, electric lifts, or atop scaffolding.
- There may be an occasional need to work with hand tools, and/or electric power tooling.
- Hot to cold temperatures (and vice-versa) within physical environments may be encountered.
- Stresses may arise related to system/equipment failures, or difficult client interactions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional corporate environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers). The role also requires the ability to lift and move 50-75lbs of gear as necessary. Working in server rooms, on computers, hard drives, and with rack mounted hardware required.
- Must possess active / current Federal Security Clearance at highest level.
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) is a minimum requirement for this position.
- A background screen and driving records check will be performed for all applicants.
- Applicant’s must show a legal ability to work within the United States (via I9 verification).
- Networking/IT related certifications
- Working on Cisco 9600/9300 series switches
- Windows Server 2018
- Debian Linux
- Barco OpSpace and Transform-N (CSM) certifications
- AVIXA CTS related certifications
- Biamp related certifications
- Crestron related certifications
- Networking/IT related certifications
- Client relations related training/certifications
- 3-5 Years’ Experience with Computers, Networks and/or Programming and/or 1-3 Years IT experience as well as customer service, preferably in a corporate environment preferred.
- Ability to work off hours and/or on call when required.
- Experience with complex audio-visual related systems (3-5 years of AV support preferred).
- Experience with Barco video walls
- Experience with AV networking protocols and trouble shooting.
- Experience in a field related to providing face-to-face client technical systems support.
- Experience in a field related to providing technical systems support.
- Experience with supporting internal and external client relationships.
- Superior client relationship management is a requirement for this position (i.e. exhibiting the ability to create an atmosphere of tension relief during high stress encounters).
- Forward-thinking individual, with diligence and efficiency in multi-tasking.
- Possessing the ability to take ownership and provide solutions toward resolution.
- Excellent communications and client service skills, with consistent follow-through.
- Detail oriented and technically savvy.
- The individual must have a strong understanding of computer networks and systems preferably in global network installations, and be able to administer them when required.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidate must be a critical thinker possessing advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Being technically astute or having the willingness to learn new technologies is necessary in daily operations.
- The ability to think on your feet and make decisions on your own is essential.
- Must be motivated. This position is for a self-starter, someone who is able to work with a group as well as individually, in a corporate environment.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Manhattan, New York, NY, USA