Warehouse Associate - Columbia, MD (AVE)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
What part will you play?
* accountable for the warehouse's inventory accuracy, organization, and control of incoming shipments, as well as the timely, properly documented execution of outgoing shipments, including RMAs.
* proactively supporting local and global project teams with all warehouse activities is required, as well as the ability to collaborate and communicate with a variety of other departments and warehouses.
- Maintain a safe and clean warehouse facility: breakdown boxes and control waste; store shipping pallets and other warehouse materials and equipment; follow procedures and inventory control processes; comply with safety policies.
- Unload and receive deliveries: process receipt and/or electronically log all incoming packages, based on disposition. Qualify equipment/materials and store according to warehouse layout and project specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies utilizing RF/ Scan Gun
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Weigh, and label outbound shipments, including small package and freight shipments. Recommend cost-effective shipping procedures to staff members. Call for couriers in response to staff requests and notify appropriate project teams when incoming courier correspondence is received.
- Ensure that outbound shipping requests are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with project specifications, as well as Diversified shipping and inventory control procedures. Confirm all documentation and data entry is complete and accurate before releasing the shipment.
- Work with Inventory Control, Project, and Purchasing teams to process RMA shipments in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure proper documentation and procedures are followed.
- This position is required to deliver products and materials to job sites and between buildings.
- This is a position that requires specific training for our ERP systems and processes. Once learned it is a relatively routine process from day to day.
- Decision Making Authority:
- This job works within tight processes and existing systems. There is little authority to work outside of existing protocol.
- Ability to stand, kneel, and crouch for long periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds, as needed
- Ability to work in high places and in small cramped places
- Ability to work in hot, humid places as well as cold places for extended periods
- High school graduate/GED or equal
- One or more years working in a warehouse environment preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Relevant warehouse, operations, and inventory management experience
- Forklift operation experience is preferred
- Possess good driving record and the ability to make deliveries using company vehicle when needed
- Forklift training is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of US Postal regulations required,
- Knowledge of UPS and FedEx regulations required
- Inventory Control experience required
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously to customers and partners, both internal and external
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Columbia, MD, USA