Audio Visual Associate Design Engineer - Folcroft, PA (AVE)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
* is the single point of responsibility for definition, design and documentation of assigned projects.
- Manages own time to perform within defined schedule.
- Interfaces with assigned sales staff in developing solutions.
- Interfaces with clients in developing solutions.
- Interfaces with all Tech-Ops and Engineering staff in developing site-specific solutions.
- Responsible for providing initial costing to Sales for labor (Engineering, Programming, Project Management, Pre-install, Installation) with final approval the responsibility of Director of Technical Operations
- Responsible for sales-related CAD documentation for proposal purposes.
- Responsible for developing pre-sale BOM.
- Responsible for providing all needed technical documentation prior to turnover.
- Assists Sales in developing a thorough and concise job scope
- Responsible for seeing that a pre-sale site survey is accomplished.
- Maintain awareness of emerging solutions and technologies that may be applied to solutions
- Provide solutions within the customer’s budget without sacrificing quality and reliability.
- Develop detailed BOM once the sale is completed.
- Ensure BOM total matches client PO or signed agreement/contract.
- Ensure Job Summary is complete and accurate.
- Develop detailed infrastructure drawings for architect, GC and electrical contractor use.
- Develop detailed engineering drawings for rack layout, system wiring and custom plates or cabling assemblies.
- Develop cable pull lists when required.
- Prepare submittals for consultant-specified and bid jobs.
- Assist technicians with field questions and clarifications.
- Assist with rack integration when required.
- Provide testing, commissioning and training services as required.
- Capture field mark-ups to generate as-built drawings.
- Monitor Job Folders to for accuracy, completeness and that all information is up-to-date.
- Perform other tasks as requested by VP of Operations.
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques.
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD.
- MS Office – able to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access proficiently without training.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Able to occasionally lift objects up to 50lbs.
- Able to travel as required.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Folcroft, PA, USA