Sr Conceptual Design Engr in Broadcast - REMOTE (M&E)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
Sr Conceptual Design Engr in Broadcast - REMOTE (M&E)
* demonstrated experience in conceptual design / creation of large integrated Broadcast systems for TV broadcast, Streaming services, Sport stadiums, Event centers utilizing technologies such as: Avid; Master Controls; Studio Production; Video Distribution; Multi-casting; SDI Video at 12G/3G/1.5G; ST-2110 Systems; CAT6 and Fiber infrastructure; Broadcast systems infrastructure; Broadcast Encoders / Decoders; Network Architecture; Production workflows; Broadcast Cameras; Broadcast Production Switchers such as from Grass Valley, Ross, Sony; Enterprise sized Video/Audio Router from vendors such as Evertz, Grass Valley, Imagine, Ross Video, Utah Scientific; Enterprise sized Multiview and Tally/UMD systems; Monitoring and Control systems such as Evertz Vistalink and Ross Dashboard, Imagine Magellan; AES-67 and DANTE; Production Audio Mixers such as from Calrec, SSL, Yamaha; Large Intercom systems from ClearCom, RTS, Riedel; Enterprise scale KVM; IPTV; Virtualization; Large LED display systems; Large Venue Sound.
What part will you play?
- The Sr. Design Engineer represents Diversified for all engineering items to the Client, Architect, General Contractor, other trades and Vendors.
- You will assist the client in refining their requirements and concepts into a design.
- You will lead a team of engineers (typically 2 – 6) in designing and implementing a system that meets the client requirements and budget.
- The role requires self-discipline to take ownership and responsibility for designing and delivering complex technical solutions from concept through to implementation and operational handover to the client, on time, within budget, and with accurate, comprehensive documentation.
- Ensure that all team members follow Diversified and Industry standards so that all sub systems integrate and provide the functionality promised to the client.
- Coach and assist other members of the Design Engineering team in the use of internal processes and provide technical leadership and guidance.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in current technologies from the physical level (cables and connectors) to higher levels (e.g. video compression).
Director of Engineering, Media and Entertainment
What do we require from you?
- Must be skilled in breaking down large system requirements into sub-systems that can be delegated to other Design Engineers.
- years of broadcast engineering experience with a proven track record in taking large broadcast video/audio projects from concept to completion.
- Experience working with Architects and GC’s to provide them with drawings for AV information such as Cable Conveyance, HVAC and Power, room layouts etc.
- Experience in leading a team of commissioning engineers and install techs to implement all phases of a large video/audio build from first day onsite to client handover.
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Excel and Word
- Able to travel as required.
- Unrestricted driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts
- Able to work in a team environment and mentor other team members.
- A logical approach to solving problems.
- A positive can-do attitude
- Successful drug test.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Alabama, USA
- Connecticut, USA
- Delaware, USA
- Florida, USA
- Georgia, USA
- Illinois, USA
- Indiana, USA
- Kentucky, USA
- Maine, USA
- Maryland, USA
- Massachusetts, USA
- Michigan, USA
- Mississippi, USA
- New Jersey, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- Ohio, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Rhode Island, USA
- South Carolina, USA
- Tennessee, USA
- Vermont, USA
- Virginia, USA
- Washington, DC, USA
- West Virginia, USA
- Wisconsin, USA