Field Engineer of Electronic Security Solutions in Sterling, VA - (ESS)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
* primary technical resource for the fulfillment of design to implementation and successful deployment of security equipment on a project.
* Electronic Security Field Engineer will have a thorough understanding of installation practices, programming configuration, integration typicals and pitfalls for IP CCTV, Access Control, Intercom, and Intrusion systems relating to Enterprise Commercial type projects.
* systems such as: Genetec, Avigilon, AMAG, Lenel, S2, GE, Honeywell Prowatch, Bosch, and DMP.
* An understanding of SOW’s, drawing/print comprehension, schematics, and device installation best practices are a must.
- Performs system programming and troubleshooting.
- This includes programming a brand-new standalone system, adding components to an existing system, or some combination of both.
- Identify potential site issues and provides QA/QC to ensure best practices.
- Responsible for clear daily updates to the Project Team including communication of site status, tasks completed and any needs.
- Trains end users and Diversified employees on systems they are both an expert and proficient on.
- Assists when necessary on the development of training content.
- Maintains expertise and proficiency on systems endorsed by Diversified.
- Manages updated, accurate, and legible redline as-built drawing sets while at the project site.
- Operate in a positive Team environment to share knowledge and further development to increase skill sets and proficiency.
- Comfortable in updating project documentation to account for device installation status, IP tracking, and system testing/commissioning tracking.
- Ensures compliance with all State and Federal regulations as applicable to service, installation, and maintenance of systems.
- Supports the development of submittal packages in accordance with contract requirements to include but not limited to O&M manuals, testing procedures, testing results, and warranty information.
- 3+ years’ experience in Electronic Security Solutions (ESS).
- Certifications/Successful Training Documentation in Manufacturers/Products/Platforms related to industry and listed in summary.
- Experience and familiarity of mercury control panels.
- Knowledge of accessing network interface for connection to devices such as; access controllers, IP cameras, Intercoms, switches and such.
- Experience and familiarity with PC admin level changes to connect to IP cameras and the aiming/adjustment of cameras.
- Clean driving record and ability to operate a vehicle; able to hold a security clearance; valid Security License/Registration for current state/local or the ability to obtain; Active Passport, or the ability to obtain (clearance & travel related); ability to travel occasionally.
- Capable to mentor and coach team members to further develop competencies.
- Able to work indoors/outdoors, standing, sitting and ladder use. Able to lift 40lbs.
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Sterling, VA, USA