Audio Visual Field Engineer - Nashville, TN (AVE)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
* Audio Video solutions could include: Polycom RealPresence, Acano, Cisco TelePresence video conferencing; Extron, Biamp, ClearOne, QSYS DSPs; Barco, Planar, Cyviz, Prysm, CineMassive, VuWall displays / video walls; Digital Signage; Crestron, AMX, or Utelogy Controls; Evertz & VBrick technologies; Cisco Unified Communications; Teams / Webex / Zoom / Skype.
(b) commissioning systems in the field to the point that these systems are ready for client training.
- Manages own time to perform within defined schedule
- Interfaces with assigned project manager and client contacts
- Interfaces with all Tech-Ops and Engineering staff in the commissioning process
- Responsible for redlining CAD documentation for as-built purposes
- Responsible for communicating punch items to project manager
- Responsible for IP configuration of all AV devices residing on a network
- Responsible for filling out IP tables and storing these on the project server
- Advanced capabilities for audio system setup and gain structure
- Advanced capabilities for video system setup
- Advanced capabilities for troubleshooting
- Responsible for managing versions and storing final DSP code on the project server
- Works with the programmer to ensure that latest code version is stored on the project server
- Assists the project manager with handling client requested changes to scope (change orders)
- Works with programmer to define audio system controls
- Assists technicians with field questions and clarifications
- Responsible for completing commissioning QC checklists
- Responsible for rack testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment
- Responsible for field testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment and programs
- Provide assistance to service technicians
- Provide training on AV systems to clients
- Perform other tasks as requested by Director of Technical Operations
- General CTS preferred
- Able to study towards and obtain CTS-I within 3 years of taking position
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques
- Skilled in the programming of audio DSP units from multiple vendors
- Skilled in the loading of Crestron and AMX code and user interfaces
- Understands basic IP networking
- Can create customer training presentations in PowerPoint if required
- Troubleshooting ace
- Likes to travel
- Able to multi-task
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Nashville, TN, USA