Corporate Partnerships Sales Director
Ford Field Stadium, 2000 BRUSH ST, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America Req #154
Friday, April 23, 2021
Ford Field Management, LLC is Detroit's premier sports and entertainment destination and is the game day home of the Detroit Lions. Throughout the year, Ford Field hosts events such as concerts, motorsports, college and high school sports, high school and college graduations, and more. Ford Field also has space available for conferences, meetings, and banquets. Ford Field has hosted major events such as Super Bowl XL and the 2009 NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four.
Ford Field Management and the Detroit Lions currently need a Corporate Partnerships Sales Director. This position may be temporarily remote based due to COVID-19. It will be based out of the Ford Field stadium located in Downtown Detroit. We will accept applications for this position until 11:59PM on May 3rd, 2021.
The Corporate Partnerships Sales Director will be responsible for sales interactions and strategies to acquire, develop, and retain corporate sponsors, advertisers, and partners to generate new and sustain existing revenue streams that support the Detroit Lions’ business objectives. The candidate will work with various departments to build assets and programs with an analytical approach to demonstrate the value proposition of a partnership. This role will implement sales presentations to prospects to foster new business acquisition, and revenue optimization objectives. The position will identify new opportunities to strengthen and ensure sustainable growth opportunities. The position will work with the Executive Director of Corporate Partnerships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The Corporate Partnerships Sales Director position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Responsible for creating, developing and selling fully integrated partnerships with local, regional and national clients/markets and establish effective pursuit strategies to secure partnerships.
- Identify and collaboratively assess partnership opportunities while establishing new client relationships utilizing various sales strategies, including but not limited to, research, cold calls, site visits, and outside sales calls.
- Initiate contracts develop and nurture strategic/mutually beneficial relationships with partners to drive additional revenue generation.
- Manage the sustained development and management of partner relationships with a focus on the creation of plans which accomplish strategic objectives and a measurable return on investment.
- Work with internal departments to develop and execute programs that support partnership programs and elements.
- Execute meetings, calls, and presentations with high-level corporate executives.
- Work in conjunction with Business Strategy & Analytics, Marketing, and all critical departments to develop presentations that include measurable elements.
- Research prospect brands and their competitors to identify opportunities and solution-based programs.
- Create and manage high-value, fully-integrated advertising and sponsorship packages that are in line with the partner’s marketing objectives.
- Participate in the development, ideation, evolution, implementation, and fulfillment of service and activation platform.
- Sell NFL Corporate Sponsors and work with NFL Business Development colleagues to maximize partner investment levels.
- Fiscal responsibility with departmental budget expenses.
- Develop, write and present corporate sponsorship sales proposals to key clients.
- In coordination with the Executive Director of Corporate Partnership, create new sales collateral or modify existing collateral as required for both the Detroit Lions and Ford Field.
- Work cross-departmentally to develop new sellable marketing, community, NFL initiatives and digital platforms our sales team can use to monetize business opportunities.
- Manage client programs as they relate to billing/accounting, promotions/marketing, ticket office, broadcasting, community outreach, etc.
- Collaboration with Executive Director of Corporate Partnership with the identification of prospect opportunities.
- Maintain weekly reports for personal sales pipeline, revenue achievements, and prospecting.
- Incorporate appropriate market research into sponsorship proposals and sales presentations.
- Utilize NFL SABR data to maximize category opportunities for the Detroit Lions.
- Effectively communicate client expectations and contractual obligations to appropriate internal departments.
- Work as a team with Activation Account Managers to provide excellent customer service and to ensure fulfillment of client deliverables with account base.
- Work in partnership with assigned Activation Account Manager team to form 1:1 team responsible for revenue generation consistent with expectations for new business, renewals and contracted accounts.
- Ability to develop strong, long-term relationships with both clients and co-workers.
- Business aptitude to understand and manage client needs and organizational goals to create unique and innovative revenue generating programs.
- Gameday responsibilities include activation setup, entertaining clients and fulfilling sponsorship contract obligations.
- Conducts business during non-traditional hours, taking advantage of opportunities to interact with clients and prospects during games, events and away game trips.
- Event planning and execution for partner-sponsored events or meetings.
- Work with NFL sponsorship colleagues to grow and develop partnerships.
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Communications, Marketing or Management required.
- Minimum five years of sponsorship sales experience with a major league professional sports team or high-profile entertainment entity, while working in a competitive sales environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment generating effective solutions quickly and raising issues to management as necessary.
- Team player spirit with an exceptional customer service attitude.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
- May require work out of both the Ford Field Management Office and the Allen Park Training Facility.
- A valid Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Willingness to travel, including weekends.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Top Tier Healthcare Coverage
- 100% Paid Premium for Disability and Employee Life Insurance Coverage
- Health and Dependent Care FSA
- Paid Time Off & 13 Holidays
- Summer Hours
- Free Virtual Fitness Classes
- Enhanced Employee Assistances Programs
- Exclusive Discounts
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Free On-Site Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Monthly Technology Allowance/Stipend
- Company-Wide Events
COVID-19 & REMOTE WORKING:
The safety of our employees and our candidates is paramount as we manage through the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our work processes.
We have implemented the following to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our offices and facilities including:
- Temperature checks, COVID-19 questionnaire prior to building access, regular cleaning, masks and hand sanitizer.
- Temporary work from home options based on position.
- Suspension of non-essential travel.
- Virtual interviews via phone/video and remote onboarding/training, where feasible.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
NO CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE.
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- Ford Field Stadium, 2000 BRUSH ST, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America