REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER - SOUTHEAST (GEORGIA)
Working at Del Taco, you'll feel proud that you are part of an iconic brand, where the hardest working hands in fast food actually grill, shred and chop fresh ingredients. You'll feel proud that you have a chance to grow and earn more as you work through a realistic and achievable career path.
It's not about JUST DOING IT, It's about BEING THE BEST at doing it.
Learn more about being the best you can be.
We Have People Driven
Delighting our Guests
Elevate Each Other
Come grow with us!
REGIONAL HR MANAGER
SOUTHWEST REGION (Based out of Atlanta, Georgia area)
Reporting to the Director of Field Human Resources with a business partner relationship to the Regional Director, the is responsible for providing full cycle human resources support to the Regional Operations Management team and restaurant employees at multiple restaurant locations within a specified, assigned region.
The Regional HR Manager must be able to build strong partnerships with their Regional Team and also act as an advocate of the employee/manager relationship.
Essential Job Functions
Establishes a trusting consultative, proactive relationship with regional operations management
Coaches restaurant management with their communication, feedback, recognition and interactive responsibilities with subordinates
Acts as a change agent to support integration efforts and drive cultural change from a people perspective
Works closely with the Regional Team and the HR Team to support deployment of HR initiatives
- Coaches restaurant management with their communication, feedback, recognition and interactive responsibilities with subordinates
- Supports the region in establishing and executing an effective recruiting strategy
Provides support regarding performance management, discipline and documentation, employee development and people planning
Identifies management development needs
Supports the region in establishing and executing an effective recruiting strategy
Strong skills in recruiting, screening and selecting great employees for Regional Team
Analyzes turnover data to identify potential trends
Addresses concerns with management and makes recommendations for improving the work environment
Delivers training content and facilitates training sessions
Provides ongoing training for new and existing restaurant managers
Trains managers to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and employment law
Monitors and manages Employee Ethics Hotline ensuring all cases are logged and resolved appropriately
Handles employee relations issues for the region (confidential investigations, resolving employee conflict, wage and hour issues, EEO, Sexual Harassment and other employee relations issues)
Reviews, consults and approves employment terminations
Conducts fact finding to gather and analyze documentation needed to respond to UI Claims; Reviews claims decisions and files appeals when applicable
Conducts field visits, interviews and exit interviews to understand opportunities for improved retention
Conducts regular HR Audits in the restaurants within the assigned region and ensures full compliance
Ensures that all federal, state, local laws and corporate HR-related compliance matters are proactively managed, including but not limited to ADA, EEO, FMLA and other laws
Assist in New Store Openings and orientation of new management employees, development and training
Attends regular HR and Operations meetings as appropriate
Attends seminars and other educational resources to remain current on state and federal laws and regulations related to employment law
Utilize our Human Capital Management system Ceridian Dayforce and provide ongoing training and support for new and existing restaurant managers
Skills, Experience and Education Required
- Minimum of 5+ years of strong HR generalist experience
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM certification strongly preferred
- 4 year degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent work related experience
- Sound and up-to-date knowledge of employment law and best practices in all aspects of HR
- Knowledge and experience in a multi-state, multi-site food or retail environment
- Experience in advising managers and problem solving across a full range of HR activities
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, recruitment, employee relations, engagement, development and benefit administration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; uses an appropriate business writing style and proper grammar to create business correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to conduct investigations and maintain documentation in an organized manner
- Strong work ethic, ensures proper handling of sensitive information and demonstrates a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent problem resolutions skills with the ability to resolve disputes and maintain relationships
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to identify and implement process improvement capabilities to drive business results
Requires excellent project management skills and the ability to conduct management training and presentations as well as provide coaching/counseling to managers and non-management employees.
Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
Solid understanding of HRIS systems and reporting
Understanding of ‘internal consultancy’ model and its application in a devolved HR structure
Self-motivated, flexibility, openness to change
Supportive and sensitive approach
Able to deal with pressures of a heavy workload
Confident, influential manner and ability to develop strong relationships with key managers in the field
Confident about making decisions and giving advice independently
Good interpersonal skills including tact and discretion
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Home Office/Field environment.
- Approximately 60% field travel required.
- Needs to be flexible in their approach to working hours to accommodate emergencies requiring HR advice and support.
Del Taco is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
The Company is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Job Family HUMAN RESOURCES
- Job Function Field HR
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 60
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree