Corp - BUYER - SUPPLY CHAIN
Working at Del Taco, you'll feel proud that you are part of an iconic brand, where the hardest working hands in fast food actually grill, shred and chop fresh ingredients. You'll feel proud that you have a chance to grow and earn more as you work through a realistic and achievable career path.
It's not about JUST DOING IT, It's about BEING THE BEST at doing it.
Learn more about being the best you can be.
We Have People Driven
Delighting our Guests
Elevate Each Other
Come grow with us!
Provide professional procurement and contract management support to all Del Taco company and franchised restaurants. This support will ensure continuous availability at the lowest possible cost of products that meet our specified quality standards, resulting in direct and measurable contributions to company sales and profitability.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure all products are continuously available to distributors and Del Taco locations when needed by establishing agreements/contracts with product manufacturers. Anticipate, identify and promptly address all product availability issues and resolve any chronic supply issues that arise.
- Ensure all suppliers have sufficient production and quality capabilities to meet Del Taco’s needs by visiting existing and potential suppliers’ facilities and assessing production capabilities, manufacturing practices and quality standards.
- Make award recommendations which deliver the best balance of quality, price and service to Del Taco by soliciting and analyzing supplier proposals.
- Maintain Del Taco prices at or below open market indices through negotiations, cost/price analysis, value engineering, and development of alternate suppliers.
- Manage production and inventory levels at manufacturers and distributors to ensure reliability and lowest total cost and avoid costs for discontinued/obsolete inventory.
- Proactively develop additional suppliers as we grow to ensure the lowest costs to Del Taco
- Ensure availability and accurate pricing at authorized distributors on assigned products on a continuous basis.
- Support effective new product introductions by working collaboratively with R&D on product sourcing and innovation, and negotiating and managing new item introductions with our suppliers.
- Ensure timely availability of all assigned ingredients to support product tests and new product introductions.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a QSR Restaurant purchasing/procurement environment (or related experience) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of purchasing principles and practices, purchasing law and contracting terms is preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and Power Point. Must be able to create spreadsheets, use formulas, graph data, and create professional looking output.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be able to manage several complex projects simultaneously and continually re-prioritize projects as needs change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management at the corporate office and in the restaurants.
- Ability to analyze data and make contracting recommendations based on sound judgment, problem solving, and financial analysis.
- Always maintain the highest ethical standards in dealings with suppliers, franchisees and coworkers.
- Able to work occasionally in typical restaurant and distribution environments (hot kitchens, coolers & freezers, etc.).
- Capable of travel up to 10%, including out-of-state airline travel, and maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for local travel.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, tasks related to unit growth or technical developments)
The Company is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Job Family SUPPLY CHAIN
- Job Function Buying/Purchasing
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 25521 Commercentre Dr, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA