Assistant Community Manager - Residential
Assistant Community Manager - Residential
Responsible for the administrative bookkeeping and leasing of a multi-family, residential community. In the absence of the Community Manager, the Assistant Manager functions as the Manager. The Assistant Manager reports directly to the Community Manager. Job duties include supervising the onsite staff, including Leasing Personnel and Maintenance personnel in the absence of the Community Manager.
1. General Functions:
· Generate revenue in accordance with budgeted goals.
· Handle resident relations with tact, diplomacy and courteous communications.
· Maintain budgeted occupancy while ensuring highest market rents are achieved.
· Help maintain the community appearance. Ensure service request repairs are scheduled and completed with 24-48 hours.
· Walk the property daily to ensure the property is clean & shows its best at all times.
· Create and execute marketing strategies to increase qualified traffic.
· Coach leasing team to close effectively. Review Guest Cards and monitor follow-up communications.
· Ensure that deposits, rental payments and late/NSF check charges are collected on a timely basis.
· Respond same-day to resident complaints, concerns and requests.
· Develop and utilize resident retention programs.
· Enforce company policies and community rules with consistency and fairness.
2. Community Leasing/Marketing: All Assistant Managers are expected to participate in leasing available apartments.
· Greet prospects and qualify prospects according to Decron’s application criteria.
· Tour prospects thru the community, focusing on the prospects “wants & needs” and highlighting the property’s amenities and features in order to close the sale.
· Process applications for approval on day of rental. Follow up with applicant regarding status, and prepare the lease and all move in materials.
· Follow up with prospects who did not rent within 24 hours of touring. Send ‘thank you for visiting” e-mails, hand-written notes and phone calls.
· Continue to work all leads until the prospect leases, state they have leased elsewhere or request to no longer be contacted.
· Manage monthly lease expirations. Send out renewal letters monthly, following up within 24-48 hours of letters being sent, in order to generate the maximum number of lease renewals each month.
3. Financial Management
· Assist the Community Manager in completing monthly financial analysis of the property’s operating results by completing monthly Variance Reports.
· Make recommendations for pricing increases to the Community Manager weekly or as often as market conditions dictate the opportunity to increase Market Rents.
· Update all residents’ transactions in Yardi on a daily basis.
· Collect and post rents.
· Prepare Preliminary and Final Move-out Statements.
· Plan for and utilize community resources, equipment and supplies economically.
· Protect against damage to the asset from inclement weather (table umbrellas, flags, banners, landscaping).
· Ensure that all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
· Prepare, implement and recommend procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
· Carefully monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal eligibility, marketing data and be prepared to offer recommendations.
· Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (HR, emergency info)
· Monitor maintenance, construction and renovation projects to ensure quality and expediency. Contact residents after work orders are submitted as “completed” by maintenance to ensure Service Requests are completed to Resident’s satisfaction
· Walk all Make-Ready units when completed by maintenance and scheduled move-ins to ensure the highest quality “Make Ready” turns.
· Function as leader in the absence of the Community Manager in all day to day activities & in the situation of emergencies at the community. Ensure proper response to Emergency Plan. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc within company guidelines to minimize liabilities.(criminal activity, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, earthquakes, etc)
5. Personnel Management
· Assist with hiring, orienting and training new personnel.
· Complete daily/weekly office and maintenance checklists, schedules and assignments. Monitor progress of work assignments.
· Deal effectively, consistently and timely with performance issues. Document adequately and communicate with Community Manager.
· Promote harmony and quality job performance through support, effective leadership and positive reinforcement.
· Ensure all administrative functions pertaining to personnel are processed on a timely basis. (Performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc)
· Ensure staff compliance and consistency with company policies and procedures, industry regulations, safety practices.
· Attendance is an essential job function.
6. Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, move about, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, pull, push, transport and/or move up to 40 pounds. Ascends and/or descends and able to get in and out of a vehicle on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, some twisting neck and body, some stooping and stretching/reaching (up, down, out), requires grasping, feeling, and detecting, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, mouse, photocopier, fax machine, telephone, calculator, projector, screen for presentations, and other office equipment on a repetitive basis. Requires normal range of hearing, talking, and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports and information.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted or modified at any time by the management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
*ThisOrganization Participates in E-Verify *Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify
*EOE– Equal Opportunity Employer EOE - empleador de igualdad de oportunidades
- Pay Type Hourly
- Indigo Springs Apartments, 11101 SE 208th Street, Kent, Washington, United States of America