Lead Maintenance Technician
Residential Community Lead Maintenance Technician
Responsible for preparation of vacant apartments, general maintenance repairs and Service Requests, preventive maintenance and help with projects for the residential apartment community.
Reports to: Community Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
Supervises: Maintenance Staff
- Respond to resident/management requests and Service Requests.
- Handle resident relations with tact, diplomacy and courteous communications.
- Maintain community appearance. Ensure repairs are completed on a timely basis. Participate on daily tours and inspections with Maintenance team.
- Maintenance Technicians are required to be “on call.”
Maintenance & Service:
- Identify and correct hazardous property conditions. During normal course of duty, look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and repair/report to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Repair/replace appliances.
- Repair/replace plumbing systems.
- Repair/replace air conditioning/heating/electrical systems.
- Repair/replace any apartment material within scope of management responsibility.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and apartments.
- Prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Review the make-ready board or take direction from Maintenance Supervisor to determine action to be taken on apartments.
- Apply touch-up paint as needed to apartments and outside areas as needed.
- Ensure all repairs/replacements necessary for apartment to be ready for move-in are completed.
- Ensure all trash from apartments is removed before, during and after make-ready activity.
- Protect against damage to the asset from inclement weather (table umbrellas, flags, banners, landscaping).
- May be requested to assist in other areas of property including painting, grounds-keeping, trash pick-up, pool maintenance, house-keeping, etc. depending on property needs.
- Attends and participates in training program as needed.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted or modified at any time by the management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- Pacific Ocean Apartments, 1920 6th Street, Santa Monica, California, United States of America