Senior Patient Support Specialist
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Senior Patient Support Specialist to join our Patient Services team.
The Senior Specialist is responsible for elevating the University of Colorado patient experience by functioning as a leader and resource to the Patient Services Department. The individual in this position will answer departmental emails, successfully de-escalate patient phone calls, partner with the Customer Service Trainer to assist with on-boarding and training activities, and generally be a strong support mechanism for all aspects of the department and its functions. A strong candidate in this position will possess the following qualities: leadership, professionalism, a strong work ethic, a pleasant demeanor at all times, a constant willingness to help others, excellent problem solving skills and accountability.
Core responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Field escalated calls from the patient, hospital and/or insurance companies.
- Assist management in maintaining on-going quality assurance and recommend solutions for identified problems.
- Train, encourage and assist new and tenured employees in acquiring knowledge and skills essential for effective job performance.
- Interface with other business units to problem-solve.
- Perform specialized tasks such as resolving patient disputes, monitoring adjustments and evaluating write-off requests.
- Manage patient correspondence and ensure timely responses.
- Participate in the on-boarding of new employees and the continued education of staff members.
- Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor and manager.
Requires a high school diploma and at least 3-5 years of experience in the healthcare field with exposure to direct patient contact on billing issues, insurance billing and medical terminology. Must demonstrate highest level written and verbal communication skills. A working understanding of ICD10 and CPT coding, medical terminology and accounts receivable management is essential to success. Must have proven leadership ability and exhibit professional maturity combined with the ability to exercise sound judgment. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers is key. Must be adept with technology.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.50
- Required Education High School
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America