Content & Social Media Specialist
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking a highly motivated Content & Social Media Specialist to join our team.
The Content & Social Media Specialist will plan, organize and support activities aimed at strengthening the content on the CU Medicine website, maintaining all social media platforms under the CU Medicine name and enhancing the online presence and reputation of CU Medicine clinics and providers.
The Content & Social Media Specialist will:
- Create content strategies and research trending topics
- Collaborate with communications teams and departments across campus to gather a variety of content
- Organize and filter relevant content for CU Medicine website
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content aimed at building meaningful connections and encouraging action from community members
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of CU Medicine’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Ensure continuous improvement by capturing and analyzing the appropriate data/metrics, insights and best practices, and take action on this information as appropriate
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Maintain online listings and reputation updates (Google My Business and NRC) for clinics and providers
- Inform key stakeholders of project status through verbal and written communications
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Requires 3-5 years of relevant social media, content or marketing experience. Bachelor’s degree in related field is strongly preferred. Preference may be given to individuals with project experience focused on healthcare services. Must possess excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and verbal communication skills. High level proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio is required. Experience with MS Access and/or relational databases preferred. Must demonstrate capability with social networking and social analytics tools with adequate knowledge of web design, web development, and SEO. The ideal candidate will have strong competency around online marketing combined with a solid understanding of major marketing channels. Positive attitude, attention to detail and strong customer service skills in conjunction with good multitasking and organizational ability are characteristics essential for success in this role.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America