CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers.
We are seeking a Registration Supervisor to take on a leadership role within our Registration department.
The Registration Supervisor is responsible for direct oversight of day-to-day activities for the Registration Department which maintains responsibility for manual billing, insurance verification, and registration denials management. The individual in this position will monitor performance standards for each team member to ensure compliance with departmental benchmarks and goals. In addition the Supervisor will need to identify errors or inefficiencies, assess training needs, develop training materials and provide training as needed. Supervisor will provide guidance, direction, mentorship and function as a resource for daily questions and issues.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise daily functions of the Registration team including assessing workflows’ view age and volumes as well as prioritization and assignment of tasks. Direct reports may include coordinators, specialists, senior specialists and leads.
- Monitor individual staff performance, perform regular quality assessments to ensure each employee is meeting standards and department goals are being met. Provide constructive feedback to include action plans and improvement as needed.
- Assist in training of all new employees, ensuring essential knowledge and skills for effective job performance are acquired.
- Provide continuous training and education of new department policies, workflow development, and changes in insurance requirements and regulations.
- Develop, demonstrate and communicate complete knowledge of internal systems, processes, reports, databases, performance expectations and standards, as well as human resource policies.
- Manage team time off requests, timecards, and shifting resources as needed for cross coverage.
- Lead process improvement work groups and projects aimed at implementing efficiencies and proficiency in developing and documenting policies and standards work.
- Assist Registration Manager in hiring activities, evaluating employee performance and disciplinary actions or terminations when necessary.
- Serve as the escalation point for issues from staff and report all issues to Registration Manager in a timely manner.
- Research and identify trends. Collaborate with applicable parties to resolve issues and reduce impact. Document, communicate and provide training to the department after review with management.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a progressively responsible role;
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Must have ability to establish, monitor and manage to desired outcomes. Strong working knowledge of all PC and PC applications including Word, Excel (Pivot), and PowerPoint to prepare presentation materials is required. Knowledge of GE Centricity software platform and associated applications including BAR and TES is preferred. Must demonstrate ability to work cooperatively within a leadership team. Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment are essential to success. This individual will be expected to work necessary time commitment to meet demands and deadlines inherent to the position.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America