Business Support Specialist II - OB/GYN
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking a motivated Business Support Specialist II to support the Department of OB/GYN.
The Business Support Specialist II will assist with scheduling, obtaining insurance authorizations and referral intake for surgical gynecology cases. In addition, the individual in the role will provide backup coverage as needed for the division’s Business Support Specialist III and Patient Affairs Coordinator II. This position aides in providing administrative support to 32 faculty members.
The Business Support Specialist II will:
- Register and schedule new General Gynecology surgical referrals.
- Procure new patient medical records in a timely manner.
- Obtain surgery insurance authorizations.
- Direct correspondence to referring physicians and other appropriate care providers.
- Answer incoming telephone calls from patients and referring physicians.
- Provide cross coverage for the Patient Affairs Coordinator II and Business Support Specialist III who will delegate additional duties as needed.
- Provide administrative support for General Gynecology faculty.
- Assist with onboarding activities for new physicians.
- Supply out of town patients with information regarding hotel accommodations as directed.
- Request financial assistance for disadvantaged patients and ensure communication of this information to the patient &/or referring physician.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year previous patient scheduling experience gained within a fast-paced, high-volume health care environment. Must have high level proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite. Preference may be given to candidates with direct experience with University of Colorado EPIC system, Iqueue &/or block exchange. Knowledge of medical practice front office operations and medical terminology is essential to success. The ideal candidate will be an independent worker, have excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to maintain positive work relationships. Requires a willingness to work collaboratively and cooperatively with all members of the General Gynecology team. Due to the nature of our patient population, the Business Support Specialist II must be able to handle complex and sensitive information and situations in a professional and sympathetic manner. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 12631 E 17th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA