Training Program Manager- Healthcare Revenue Cycle
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking a motivated Training Program Manager to lead our expanding Revenue Services Apprentice program.
The Training Program Manager will facilitate a robust and successful apprentice program which will enable CU Medicine Revenue Services to hire and retain individuals who may not have experience in the industry but demonstrate an interest and aptitude to be successful. The individual in this position must communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, possess strong leadership skills and have curriculum building and implementation experience.
The Training Program Manager will:
- Manage interviewing, selection and training of apprentice program participants in Registration, Medical Coding, Accounts Receivable Resolution, Payment Posting and Patient Services as well as other Revenue Cycle functions.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, teach, and facilitate apprentice program content.
- Determine training objectives/competencies and develop training/education modules, which includes outlines, text, handouts, and assessments.
- Apply knowledge of adult learning principles to teach various types of learning content.
- Work collaboratively with management and subject matter experts to understand desired performance, assess learning needs, and develop appropriate training solutions.
- Monitor program participants' progress throughout assigned courses; conduct post-training evaluations and analyzes results.
- Update curricula and explore new materials for program participants as needed.
- Manage and support apprentices in the development of business environment skills through ongoing feedback and coaching.
- Manage additional projects and duties as assigned by leadership.
Requires a minimum of 3 years direct Revenue Cycle operations experience combined with high level skill in planning, managing and/or coordinating business training activities. Adult education training/certification is highly preferred. Instructor-led classroom training and/or experience in other training delivery modes is desired. Must demonstrate excellent presentation skills, with the ability to speak effectively before groups. Strong written and verbal communication skills; deployment of active listening, patience and tact with clients and program partners; and timely response to inquiries/requests are all essential elements for success in this role. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point is required. Must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while demonstrating strong organizational and time management skills. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively across the organization and possess competency to learn new technologies, as necessary. Centricity Business experience (or comparable platform) is a plus. High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America