EPIC Applications Analyst
University of Colorado Medicine (CU Medicine) is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a highly motivated EPIC Analyst to join the Applications team.
The EPIC Applications Analyst will provide support for Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software applications and other CU Medicine applications as assigned. The individual in this role will participate in application configuration, processing, reporting, training, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance activities. The Analyst will ensure proper flow through CU Medicine processes by providing technical expertise and enhancement recommendations.
The EPIC Applications Analyst will:
- Serve as the expert in all assigned EPIC, EMR and CU Medicine applications.
- Provide recommendations to the Applications Manager or Sr. EPIC Analyst in response to requests pertaining to assigned applications or coding/billing processes.
- Analyze, research, and process map existing logic and workflows in an effort to identify areas of opportunity to streamline processes and recommendations improvements.
- Maintain all application data dictionaries, cross-mapping, preference lists, and documentation templates which includes identifying and finding resolution to any issues.
- Work independently with internal and external resources to analyze and resolve issues directly affecting the application(s) and/or coding and billing processes for CU Medicine to ensure all compliance requirements are met.
- Test and report all EPIC/application problems, fixes, modifications, enhancements and upgrades in accordance with departmental needs.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user or department requirements.
- Support a cost effective and efficient revenue cycle by reviewing edit volumes, write offs, and charge corrections. Identify, and find resolution to any issues.
- Develop and maintain end user training programs and materials in support of any department at CU Medicine and conduct ongoing provider education/training related to coding process, EPIC process, and system updates.
- Assist with EPIC build, including templates, smartphrases, preference lists, and others as assigned.
- Provide on-site clinic go-live support for areas transitioning to an EMR which includes preparing all interface crossmapping, documentation templates, preference lists, and system edits.
- Research, analyze and respond to all requests for support, training and/or information in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in healthcare computer applications. EPIC certification is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will possess and demonstrate excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills. Must be detailed oriented. The ability to train others, and demonstrate innovative and constructive problem solving skills is required. Must promote collaborative relationships with both internal and external partners. CPC certification is a plus.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America