Medical Coding Supervisor- Surgery
University of Colorado Medicine (CU Medicine) is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a highly motivated Medical Coding Supervisor to take on a leadership role and support the Coding Services team.
The Medical Coding Supervisor will oversee the work of all assigned coding staff. The individual in this position will support varying operational and special projects to improve the overall timeliness and efficiency of CU Medicine charge processing and the overall effectiveness of the staff.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Communicate effectively with physicians and administration regarding billing, coding, DOS/DOP, and any other concerns the departments may have.
- Provide direction and leadership to assigned medical coding staff on a daily basis, including responding to questions regarding coding, work flow, systems and policy.
- Identify issues that need new or revised policies and procedures or system updates and draft plans accordingly.
- Utilize billing system and other reports to identify and respond to billing issues or compliance concerns.
- Monitor data entry flow and identify backlogs and training needs.
- Handle requests from faculty, hospital personnel or CU Medicine staff regarding issues that need immediate attention.
- Manage staff schedules to ensure backup coverage is available to Coding Services during personnel shortages, extended leaves, vacations or backlogs.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
Requires CPC certification or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years coding experience, preferably in a multi-specialty coding environment. Prior supervisory experience in a professional healthcare environment is highly preferred. Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work independently, demonstrate critical thinking skills and have the desire to work in a team environment. Prior experience in a large EMR/Billing system is required; preference may be given to individuals with prior GE Centricity Billing system and/or Epic EMR experience.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America