Healthcare Revenue Cycle Manager
We are seeking a motivated Revenue Cycle Manager to take on a leadership role within our Accounts Receivable Resolution department.
The individual in this position is responsible for all aspects of staff management and leadership within their assigned Accounts Receivable team. The manager will monitor all activities directly related to the overall financial performance of assigned School of Medicine (SOM) Clinical Departments, while identifying and recommending improvements to maximize recoveries and improve workflow efficiencies across CU Medicine Revenue Services as a whole.
The Revenue Cycle Manager will:
- Manage accounts receivable (AR) and overall financial performance for assigned departments including but not limited to aged AR, denial trending, write offs, charge corrections, insurance escalations, and general team management with the intent to increase revenues.
- Manage AR team including FTE and operational expense assessment; hiring and firing; and staff performance evaluation.
- Ensure written department procedures are in place and updated as business processes change.
- Identify opportunities and recommend edits, workflow enhancements and custom tools to improve overall collection performance.
- Collaborate with revenue cycle leadership and physicians to identify and recommend effective coding, evidence-based reconsideration language, peer-to-peer disputes and external workflow enhancements to improve the overall system performance (including hospitals and free-standing clinic).
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of federal, state and all third party insurance policies, practices and procedures.
- Review CU Medicine Managed Care Contracts specific to areas that impact assigned departments and provide communication to management as needed.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects and initiatives as needed.
Requires a minimum of 5 years’ management experience in a high-volume, physician billing environment. Bachelor´s degree in healthcare administration, business or a related field is strongly preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Must have high-level knowledge of physician reimbursement and contract analysis with the ability to interpret and analyze data from a variety of financial reports. Requires expertise in a variety of PC applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be willing and able to collaborate on processes and procedures as an integral part of an AR management team. High level analytical skills are essential to success. Strong working knowledge of CPT and diagnosis coding is desired. CPC certification is a plus
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America