Senior IT Project Manager
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior IT Project Manager to join our team.
The Senior IT Project Manager will coordinate and manage products associated with the acquisition, design, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance of software, infrastructure hardware etc. Scope of responsibility also spans new development and enhancements, as well as installations and upgrades.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee assigned technology related projects of varying magnitude in terms of complexity, cost, time-constraints, internal/external staffing and equipment, including software and hardware.
- Drive all project management activities, from RFP development and proposal review through final acceptance.
- Maintain project plans in order to track deadlines, costs, and resources.
- Communicate and request coordination with CU Medicine’s users, affiliates, consultants, and vendors.
- Serve as a liaison between the Information Technology Services (ITS) department and user community to provide guidance and direction by integrating the understanding of business processes with the capability/potential of computer software applications.
- Assist with development and maintenance of departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Manage highly visible, complex projects.
- Assist in the training and development of Journey Project Managers.
- Perform other duties and support other business initiatives as assigned.
Requires 6+ years’ of project management experience in an area utilizing computer application systems. Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Project Management, or Health Care Systems, and certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP). Computer programming, Virence (GE)/Epic software applications, and healthcare experience are strongly preferred competencies. Must be a self-starter, responsible, and able to view business situations from both a micro and macro orientation. This position requires good management, analytical, verbal and written communication skills, Must demonstrate a courteous, and business-like manner in all interactions. The ideal candidate will exhibit a positive attitude, professionalism and leadership qualities at all times. Must demonstrate innovative and constructive problem-solving ability.
HIPAA Protected Health Information Access
This position requires contact with protected health information during the course of performing job responsibilities.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America